Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested I posted my first question in the Newbies section. To avoid double posting please could anyone with knowledge about the availability of spare wheels for the new Aveo kindly look at my post there? Many thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Reply here and there. Your old aveo wheel will not fit the new one.4 wheel nuts old one, five new one! ask your dealer to order a steel wheel, and get a budget tyre on it,or try [email protected] barry is a forum member and if you ask nicely.. he can send it collect + parcel service.
Happy motoring,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My new Aveo has 4 wheel nuts. I'll stick to this forum for replies as I don't feel like a Newbie any longer! Thanks for your help. It's the new 1.4LT automatic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi OldRoverBoy, Im a bit confused by your comment about old Aveos having 4 bolts and the new ones having 5. Is the 5 bolt config for diesel aveos? The reason i ask is ive got a new aveo (or so ive been told) and it has 4 bolt wheels. Its a petrol LT.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Diesel is 5 wheel nuts, and yes you are right , on the chevrolet website shows the 4 wheel nut wheels.. Now wondering if they've nicked the 1.3 astra drivtrain for the aveo diesel. Profound apologies for error, but if you have 4 nuts, then maybe the old aveo wheel will fit. I got one (alloy) with a decent tyre for £60 from a scrappie. 2009lt1.4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I phoned the dealer who sold me the car this morning. They will do a wheel plus tyre, jack etc. for £225. They can get it in two days, which makes me suspect that this is a regular 'nice little earner' for them. On my feedback form I'm going to say that customers should be given the option to purchase a spare during the sales process, as I must admit that I missed the 'puncture repair kit' in the specification list.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I strongly advise anyone with the new Aveo to purchase a spare wheel at the best/lowest possible price. especially as the car has a deep receptacle for it which I assume will take a full size spare rather than a space saver which is still a good option. IMO the gunge kits supplied should be illegal .

·
Registered
380 Posts
very sensible advice for all drivers, especially if you have an unrepairable puncture away from home and can't get it fixed and the tyre dealer can charge you what he likes at the side of the road, as well as which it is much much safer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts