Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.3 diesel Chevrolet Aveo T300 and was browsing the Menu on the dash. While browsing the menu it displayed 42, Lang, Unit.

I have attached an image, could anyone help me understand what the number 42 and the picture of oil can means?

I would appreciate your help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
On very much earlier GM models code 42 implied a spark / timing/ knock sensor related.
However from your photo pic it appears to be quite clear because the oil can refers to engine oil and it clearly says underneath rESEt (RESET). Whenever your engine oil was last drained/changed, the oil electronic notification was not Reset. Try that first..

Please complete your Sign-Up location (left blank) .. Other useful information on using the Forum is on the following link:-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. The car is due a service soon so makes sense.
Hi Buddy yeah that's just the 'Oil life remaining' display. It's fine just now, but generally you would reset it by holding the button on the end of the left stalk after you service the car. This will reset it back to 99% or 100, I cant remember which. Some garages may do it for you but thats all it is. Might be a bit late with the reply sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts