Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am getting really bad condensation on the inside of the windscreen on my Orlando - needs several sheets of kitchen roll to dry it off.

Please can you advise where are the most likely places I should be looking for failed seals or other issues that might be causing it?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is possible that the vehicle has a leaking heater matrix and the fan is blowing a water/antifreeze mix on the screen. Does the condensate have a slight oily look to it? Check the engine coolant level for any fall in level.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Could be a 'blown' joint on a screen wash or rear screen hose. Check function of all screen jets.
Lift floor mats and check for wet sound deadening or matting, including the rear boot/trunk area.
Check for failed front screen seal.
These are all basic 'first do' checks by owner.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Blocked or old cabin air filter often makes this far more noticeable, particularly if the A/C is not working as it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi - thanks for your help.

I had a windscreen replaced last year and by process of elimination had Autoglass back out today to have a look and the glue/sealant had failed so the technician was pretty sure that was likely to be the cause of the condensation on the windscreen.

In the meantime, I have been watching the coolant closely and I am definitely losing some - about 1cm drop in expansion tank over the past 2 weeks with minimal use. The inside of the car floor is dry and there is no smell or oily residue anywhere so am hoping this isn't the heater matrix. It was in for a service a couple of weeks and the garage couldn't see anything obvious. They have said they will have another look. Are there known likely causes I can point them at to try and get this resolved?

Thanks...

·
Registered
270 Posts
To sort out the apparent coolant loss your garage can pressure test the system and look for pressure losses over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts