Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to bidderman, but it would be nice if he told us himself! (he sent me a private message), but no secrets here!

·
Registered
997 Posts
The question is, why. I'm sure there are other things that he could have spent that type of money on.
Like a mars bar or a packet of chewing gum

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps he wanted a lot of car for a budget price, which, I suppose is why you have a captiva instead of a land cruiser. Would I have bought the epica for £15000 at new, not on your... at £7021 on thr road ex-chevrolet 7000 miles it was ok, and in spite of initial problems does what it says on the box, gets me from A to B in comfort and reasonably economically. My next car might well be a chevrolet but whatever it is it will be under warranty, nearly new, and someone else will have taken the initial massive depreciation hit. If you look, there are captivas now for £7000 ish, would you buy one 5 years old knowing the potential problems, and you are well informed. What about the one we read about here with engine failures, repaired and sold on. (by the way if you read our posts on epica satisfaction i did point out the potential problems)

·
Registered
997 Posts
No argument with anything that you've said there Oldroverboy. I bought my Captiva at 2 yrs and 16K for half the original cost and for exactly the same reasons. I would buy another in an instant, although probably at the same point in it's life (2 years ish). I wasn't having a pop at Bidderman, quite the reverse and merely commenting that, as you have also, that Epica's are pretty inexpensive in the first place if bought right, so one at that mileage wouldn't be a huge outlay. I've had some high mileage cars in my time too and it's always been about cutting my cloth to suit my means.Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with you. I am actually indecisive at the moment, the epica didn't cost a lot, is still worth a good bit, and given that i have done 26000 miles in 22 months doesn't actually "owe me a lot". Problem is where will i find this much car next time for the same money. my mother was Scottish and i have inherited the economy with spending gene from her. I think bidderman paid £3k so a lot of car for that money and if you go to one of the french car sales websites you will see them with stratospheric mileages... I like my "average" of about 40mpg, but I daresay i might downsize a notch next time... No rush though....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Erm, .......... Well Hi all, lol

Yup, I bought it for £3K but haven't got it yet as they are giving it a service, cambelt change, MoT, sorting out rusty brake discs, (although I expect them to just wire brush them clean, lol), and replace the rear Chevvy badge as it's bubbling underneath, so we'll see what they actually do!

I think it's a lot of car for the money, it will be used as a taxi, and it's under 4 years so as it'll be on the go all the time it should be ok, the Rover it's replacing has just passed it's MoT with no advisories with 289,000 miles on it

Will be keeping the news updated on how I get on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts