Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just found the chevy club I got a new captiva last year and think it`s good value for money I`v been out in the snow loads and it copes well not been stuck yet justwondered if any one knows if you can get 22"wheels to fit it has 20" at the minute but I think it would lookawesome with bigger wheels.Cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you had the spring clips fitted this is a chevy part and closes the gap between tyre and arch looks good robsenpen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Richard, yep, they are inovit spins, 9.5x22, 40mm offset, with a 72.6 hub, with 5x115 pcd.
It was the tyres that were the pig!!! theres only 4 sizes nearly all needed spacers, except 1, but i didnt like the profile size, i was 'lucky'!!! that my speedo was 4mph out at 70mph!! from factory, so i was able to calculate the rolling circumferance to bring speedo back to read 70mph at 69mph, geeky or what!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi mate, no i opted for the 265/35 x22, a bit of meat on the wall, but about 16 per cent of the rolling circ. the 285 will rub!!
245/30x22 is the same roll as original, but the side wall is v thin, and with the 'smooth' road in wales, i choose the larger profiles, i used 3mm spacers all round, as there was a 1mm rub on right hand lock, not left tho?? the whole look is close on both locks, but all fine, even fully loaded, tyres from black circles . com
, highly recommended, orded 4.15pm, arrived 9am following day, postage is £11 for 1 or 4 tyres, £75 ea???

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine reads +2 or 3 which is about standard. Drove a peugoet 5008 yesterday which was a full 8mph slow on the speedo comp=ared to the sat nav at 70mph indicated (ie, sat nav said 62)!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good why don`t you finsh it off with an Irmscher Lowering spring set and front and rear skid plates

1 - 20 of 32 Posts