Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can advise.
I am looking to source some replacement bolts for my 2010 2ltr Diesel Captiva I recently bought.
The bolts that hold the gas strut to the glass are rusted on the outside and are discolouring the glass. The car is in a good condition (apart from this) and this very much annoys me. So the question is can they be bought seperatly or which part do I need to get which will include these.
Cheers
Alex

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
They are probably all part of the strut kit. I cant find this trim part on its own.

Are you meaning the circular disks on the outside of the glass? If so simplest thing to do is to thoroughly mask off the glass, use fine wet & dry paper and clean them back. Apply a rust cure liquid to seep under edges you cant get to.
Apply new masking if the original was damaged during previous cleaning and then use a can of spray primer/undercoat followed by black finishing top coat.

Alex, Reminder; You have not completed your Sign-up location nor your Vehicle Footer Signature. I did provide a link to you on your previous post (regarding water under vehicle) which provides info how to do this.
Repeat link here:-https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/threads/helpful-guidance-using-the-forum.7141/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts