Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see my front badge is getting ready for putting gold fish in again, this will be the third its had,you would think with a fault like this they would have improved them, but no you just get another of the same.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is the Koreans for you. I am driving with a bubble in mine, when it gets to summer (warmer weather) hopefully, I intend to take mine off, clean the interior foil and spray paint it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought about having a go on the same lines evoif that fails going to get a new badge but try to seal the back of itbetter before fitting it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have bought one off ebay for £10.61 from a guy called automotive apple and before fitting had a good look and it, and itappears to have been modified at the back to stop the water ingress problem.These come from korea and in chevrolet packaging.......

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raz5765 said:
Have bought one off ebay for £10.61 from a guy called automotive apple and before fitting had a good look and it, and itappears to have been modified at the back to stop the water ingress problem.These come from korea and in chevrolet packaging.......
Was it just a one off raz, or was there still more for sale, if so what was the item number, cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
He sells spares for all the korean 4x4 hyundia ,kia ,etc.all parts are genuine chevy parts at half the price you would pay over here.to find him on ebay put FRONT GRILL CHEVROLET CROSS EMBLEM FOR CHEVROLET CAPTIVA. he stocks 207 different items for the captiva.big ian has used him as well........

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have usedthem alsonow, got one for a tenner. Have you seen the site recently they have an alternative grill no chrome just three slats sprayed to your colour code, photos make car look mean, just over £100 quid, tempted.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I used Automotive Apple for my LTZ front grill upgrade. All genuine GM parts and excellent service- thoroughly recomended!.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What is this badge look like? I've google it but can't find one that's like this? Mine looks fine to me but its totally gold??

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the bow tie on the front grill, they start off totally gold and consist of a plastic front with a laminated gold foil behind it. Water gets in and bubbles appear the gold goes all manky and starts to look awful as I say I'm onto my third.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It just seems to be the front ones that go.
It is not too bad now if you can get the replacements for a tenner from Korea, they are just self adhesive. Edited by: Big Al

·
Registered
227 Posts
My front bow tie is bubbled, and you can see water moving behindthe foilafter washing the car. The new ones seem to have a coloured reflective freznel behind the front plastic, so I have ordered one of those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts