Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an alarming experience the other day when braking on a steep hill, although happily not going very fast, sudden crunching.grinding noise, but no problems braking except for noise. luckily there was a national tyres place still open and they did a free brake check, pads sticking and material had come away from the backing plate. ouch! left the car with them and walked home as Chevrolet dealer unable to get parts till after easter!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm thinking that if I were you I'd be trying a different brand!
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
33 Posts
HI Bernie, was this just for pads? part number 96952179? 14 instock in the UK should have been able to get them next day on VOR?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, Was away from home and nearest dealer was swansea, did not want to drive with material detaching itself from the metal backing, phoned swansea to see if they had parts, told delivery not possible till after easter, then ordered from national tyres, (actually same prices) went for a walk, got phone call, parts arrived wrong parts, drove 25 miles home carefully, as swansea usually don't have courtesy cars available at short notice, went to our new dealer, from where i could walk home, but they can get the discs and pads for tomorrow! I did not explain properly in my original post!, discs had some strange depressions cut into them, not scoredbut rather like this] but in sections, never seen anything like it before, so requires discs and pads, but my new local dealer, Howards have ordered the parts and will do the work tomorrow. (vor)Thanks bazza!

AND, I still think it's a good car overall,
Hopefully Howards will restore my faith in the Chevrolet dealer network,
Finally, wish i wasn't nearly 180 miles from cresser!

Edited by: Oldroverboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts