Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body else had a Chevroletbrake recall letter. Just received mine for spongy brakes and too much pedal travel. I posted last July about excessive pedal travel, I was not happy so swapped the unit myself. I have contacted Chevrolet they have booked the car in to check itbecause its free any way and then have to contact them again regarding if I can possibly claim back the money I payed out for the part, if I do not get anything back at least I geta free fluid flush which was coming up for doing soonanyway.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can only speak for mine, but with the engine running put afirm pressure on the brake, now with most cars the pedal should slowly go down because of the servo but should eventually stop. With mine after a while itdid go right down to the floor. After saying thatduring normal driving the brakes did not seem too bad and of course every time I released the pedal it came back up to the top.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Got my letter in the post this am. I think that my brakes are fine and will treat it as a free brake fluid change

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got mine yesterday, booked in for a check next week. No problems noticed with my pedal travel compared to previous cars.

·
Registered
180 Posts
No letter for me.

From the search results, it says launch date 28/08/2012 - is this for cars manafactured after that date, or is this the date the recall was released ??

Also, VINs are from KL3CD26RJ7B000248 to KL1CG26FJAB012371.

Recall Details for CHEVROLET UK - Aveos, Kalos, Captiva, Epica, Tosca, Lacetti, Nubria,Optra, Matiz and Spark

Remedial actions are interesting:

Inspection of the brake fluid using scan tool. Drain and replace the fluid and replace the brake fluid reservoir cap (All models, except Captiva & Epica/Tosca). Erase ""DOT 3""� text from the customers Owner's Manual (All models, except Captiva & Epica/Tosca) and add information regarding the use of DOT 4 brake fluid.

So not Captivas !?!?

Edited by: CBers

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reading that CBersit looks like Its the beginning of the recall date,they are covering a couple of issues 1st on cars barring the Epica/Tosca and Captiva Its changing the spec in the manual from DOT 3 to DOT 4 changing the fluid in the cars and fitting a new filler cap [sounds like water ingress problems]. On all the cars Its the ABS problem because they already advise DOT 4. We might get a new filler cap as well and of course fresh fluid.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Confirm that Big Al. My dealer says my Captiva (2012 - 61 model) not affected as it already has fluid filler cap with DOT4 on it; although strangely my Vin number does fall within the recall band listed. Only vehicles with DOT3 caps being recalled currently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got my noteyesterday, no probs with brakes so some nice new fluid for me too I guess. Luckyreally since the local dealership couldn`t squeeze her in till after the New year.

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is actually a big recall for Chevrolet and going to cost them. I've got mine booked in week before Christmas, and the dealer said that was the earliest they could do. They said they have been inundated with calls, not just with Captivas but across the Chevy range.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My car went in today to be checked and forfresh fluid. stamped the service book for thebrake fluid change and stapled a note in the front of the book recommendingDOT4 GMbrake fluid. All done.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would say it does T33EFF. To check make a note of youre VIN No. and ring 0800 060606 chevrolet customer relations for confirmation.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
T33EFF, Vin nos involved are on website, but apparently such a big task Chevy are doing the recall notices in batches.

·
Registered
997 Posts
T33EFF said:
I'm on an 08 captiva - this doesn't include me does it!?

Mine is an 08 and I'm included.

Maybe i'm just special?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts