Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2 year old chevy captiva, 2WD gas, automatic with 34,000 km mileage. I had it serviced at a local chevy service center for a change in a damaged right side-view mirror last july 26, 2010. I was informed that they will also change the motor gasket and and spark plugs. I had consented and they did the repair and replacement. August 2, I was informed that my car was ready for pick up. I picked my car and drove away. After about 5km driving through moderate traffic ( 30km/hr speed), i heard a loud hissing sound like a tire bursting followed by an explosion at the right front side that jolted me and the people infront of me. I stopped and the motor was still running. Suddenly a thick black smoke started to come out. People around me are yelling for me to get out of the car. I turned off the engine and  I went out to find out that there was already a fire under my hood. Gas was dripping underneath with fire spreading fast. I run away from my car and in a few minutes, it was totally burned down, except for the back cover. The service center who did  the service denied any responsibility. I never had problem with the car prior to the service, my next service is still 2,000km away and i didnt install any accessories nor had my car serviced by centers other than chevy services centers.  can anybody out there help me or give me possible explanations how this thing happened without any cause? this could happen to any of us who have this car if this is not addressed soon.
  you can check the photos in my facebook account. Paul adlai quitiquit. thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts