Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get a 7 seater petrol Captiva please?

If so what is the model number please?

·
Registered
997 Posts
It wasn't possible with the older model and I seriously doubt that will have changed. The only petrol in the range is the poverty spec 2wd/5 seat model, in the UK at least. Try Ireland, they had some reallyweirdspecs with the last model.

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Hello Sporty and welcome on board our Captiva forum.
Your best bet is to email [email protected] (just mention Aussie Ed gave you the lead). He did fantastic job sorting out my new LTZ (I went for diesel) but he kept me fully informed, sourced what I wanted (including accessories) and saved me over £7,000 off list price. He also has nearly new but maybe limited choice of colour. Try him and see what he can do.

Cheers, Aussie Ed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry, No 7seater petrol Captiva launched in the UK market.Petrol only came in LS trim with 5 seats

Ireland - would be pushing it to get a petrol captiva in Ireland, they love the Diesel's (per litre cheaper than petrol)

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Tend to agree with KLR. However if you want to compare petrol/diesel you can look on Australian market website for the speci's. www.holden.com.au/vehicles/series-ii-captiva Their listings are SX, CX & LX (although I think Chev intend to standardiseworldwide to the codes we have here in UK). Chev produce 7 seater in 4cyl in petrol, V6 injected and 2.2 diesel. Just a question of whether you could convince a UK dealer to get a model shipped to UK but 'type recognition' as approved for UK roads would probably be needed. The downside could be parts/spares for a non-standard model as far as UK dealers would be concerned, ie different front grill etc.Only reason petrol option sells in Australia is because petrol there is half the price of ours!

I have 7 seat diesel LTZ (still only 1700 miles on clock)and have to say all round very pleased with it so far in respect of speci v £ cost. See if you can get a dealer to let you have an extended test drive 24/48 hours on diesel - it might change your mind. Only other option is 'sell off' a couple of the kids and the five seater petrol will do!!

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
997 Posts
The other option may be a petrol LS and a set of rear seats from a breaker- that would certainly be the cheapest option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts