Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with warnings ESP Active, ESP disabled, Downhill assist and ABS that are illumninated continually. AWD light blinks
Some time ago when this appeared, seemed like if you did not use AC, this did not happend, now it does.
Also. Now when using head lights, stereo lights go to darker mode or shuts down completely. (this did not happend before)
When turning key, battery light appears, then shuts and appears again... If you start engine, before battery light appears again it stays shut, but if you wait for battery light to appear again before start, it stays on also after ignition. This has happened before and now.

I suspect the alternator. Does anybody have other ideas.

Battery should be ok. It was not full when I charged it yesterday but it passed my chargers battery test.

·
Registered
56 Posts
weak batteries are a well known source for all sorts of electric gremlin. how old is your battery?

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
Terppa, DMX suggestions are valid but your first sentence clearly describes symptoms of a defective ABS sensor or a corroded connector to ABS. That is what I would investigate first. ABS sensors are easy to check and connectors are easy to clean. Remote possibility is a split or damaged Reluctor ring.
Repeated operation of vehicle with a defective ABS sensor will trigger various safety and shutdown modes.
Start there and report back.
There are lots of existing discussions on ABS. These can be found using the Forum Search function.
Helpful tips on using the Forum are on the following Link.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum (open the link fully to read all of it).

Sign-Up incomplete ('Location' not completed) but the system has identified Finland ?

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts