Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.2 auto ltx
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have a link to the procedure to changing the automatic transmission oil on a 2013 2.2. I'm getting a symptom best described like irregular random slipping when it changes up gear, mostly from 2nd to 3rd, it doesn't clonk or anything, just feels like it's doing it badly, cars done 93000 miles and no faults stored etc , does have a lumpy idle but I'm going to change the fuel filters to see if that improves that

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Craig, I posted this about 5-6 years ago from Info originally by member Bel. It is quite complex and not something a DIY/Home mechanic can do because the vehicle has to go up on support arm pads so that the wheels are fee to turn under engine power. At 93,000 miles your ATF will be very black & burnt !
The old fluid has to be extracted thoroughly using specific gear shift movement because the various 'portways' trap ATF. It is not possible to remove all fluid.
The refill process is even more precise using classified fluid. The engine has to be run with wheels free to turn as the gearbox is operated through the shifts to avoid 'air voids'.
As the Captiva and Vauxhall Antara are mechanically the same vehicle I would STRONGLY recommend you find a supportive Vauxhall dealer (not all of them are unfortunately) and have the task carried out by a professional mechanic who is conversant / trained in undertaking this process.

Edit: I've found some of the previous discussions:-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts