Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.2, 2011 automatic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED, 🤞 after my road test for two hours I’m thinking the issue could be resolved. Gave it some stick over several big hills where it needed to be booted for over 50-60 seconds constantly and no limp mode. Previously, around 30 seconds of booting would have put it into limp mode. Not only that the car feels more lively, before it rev’ed ok, but felt a bit strangled a little.

so here’s my round up, as it may help others.

the turbo was coked up and the variable veins seized so needed the refurbishment, but in my mind this was a symptom not the cause. Probably with the vacuum not driving the variable veins they stuck in one position and over time became sized/coked up. I probably didn’t need to replace the intercooler hoses, the vacuum actuator, MAF and MAP sensors, but hey-ho.

I still need to work out what problem I might get by by-passing the vacuum line from the inter-cooler regulator solenoid, but I shall start to Google this. Again I’m thinking when the turbo is working hard it gets hotter and opens up a flap or something on the inter-cooler to provide additional cooling at that moment. But I’ve had no cooling or temperature issues when I just drove it hard for two hours.

thanks for everyone’s help 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Before I finish with this issue, I thought I would correct one of my last comments. I stated from the vacuum actuator pump it went to an “inter-cooler regulator solenoid”, apparently it’s not that but a vacuum reservoir. Either way it is still bypassed for the time being.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I thought I had finished with this post, but just needed to correct one last bit.

I stated the turbo vacuum circuit also fed into the intercooler bypass regulator solenoid, but I now think it is a vacuum reservoir instead, either way I’ve bypassed it. Car still working fine and no repeat of limp mode since the last fix.

just need to know what might cause me grief by having the vacuum reservoir bypassed

Regards

21 - 23 of 23 Posts