Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Will the pistons hit valves on 2010 2.4 LT Captiva motor. My one idler pulley bearing failed so I need to know if I must remove the head and have the valves checked and replaced, before I replace idler pulleys etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Deon, Like Victor I'm unsure. The diesel variant (2.0 litre is to my understanding) but I'm interpreting your 2.4 litre to be a petrol engine which may well not be an interference engine.

As a Newbie to the forum the following link provides Helpful Information on how to use the Forum and in particular completing your Location Sign-Up and how to add your vehicle details to your Signature footer so that it always appears under your posts to assist readers identify the model, engine etc next time you post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - I fitted a new belt and idler pulleys. Ran a compression test and it was zero. I stripped the head off and found all the inlet valves were bent. Slight marks on the pistons.
I have sent the head off to engineering to have valves and guides replaced.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
That's bad news. At least you've got to the cause fairly promptly.

Reminder: It helps to complete your Sign-up location and especially your full vehicle info into your Signature footer so that new readers can instantly recognise the vehicle variant. Info on this was in my previous Guidance Help link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts