1.P0045-04 Turbocharger Boost Control Solenoid Control Circuit
2.P0403-02 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid Control Circuit
3.P02E0-02 Intake Air (IA) Flow Control Circuit
Suggestion to resolve these problems would be gratefully appreciated

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
A102,
You dont tell us what conditions prompted the need for inspection but probably dash warning lights and poor running.

One or two of these codes can appear as a result of triggering by the main cause. Not necessarily in the cause order you've listed.
Two things I've picked up are reference to the EGR, and the other Airflow.
Has the EGR valve ever been cleaned ?(mileage not stated) Based on age of vehicle a stuck EGR could be a contributory or the main cause.
Air flow. Initially check for blocked air filter and also split or tear in the air hose intake. Vehicles of this age have been reported as having splits in air feed hose or a softened collapsed hose. Remember that airflow can be triggered because of EGR fault.

Although solenoids are implied it doesnt mean solenoids are at fault. They may simply be doing their task of reporting out of range conditions. However, check the connectors (for corrosion / clean terminals) and check for vibration breaks in connector wiring often near the solenoid body.

Explanations for each of these codes are quite lengthy (far too long for this Forum page). You can look up Obd code explanations on the internet and indeed you can try using the Back Index on this Forums Search Facility.
Go to three white dots top right>select Advanced Search>follow instructions (you can leave member name blank).

Other helpful tips and guidance for new members can be read on the following link (open fully to read)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A102,
You dont tell us what conditions prompted the need for inspection but probably dash warning lights and poor running.

One or two of these codes can appear as a result of triggering by the main cause. Not necessarily in the cause order you've listed.
Two things I've picked up are reference to the EGR, and the other Airflow.
Has the EGR valve ever been cleaned ?(mileage not stated) Based on age of vehicle a stuck EGR could be a contributory or the main cause.
Air flow. Initially check for blocked air filter and also split or tear in the air hose intake. Vehicles of this age have been reported as having splits in air feed hose or a softened collapsed hose. Remember that airflow can be triggered because of EGR fault.

Although solenoids are implied it doesnt mean solenoids are at fault. They may simply be doing their task of reporting out of range conditions. However, check the connectors (for corrosion / clean terminals) and check for vibration breaks in connector wiring often near the solenoid body.

Explanations for each of these codes are quite lengthy (far too long for this Forum page). You can look up Obd code explanations on the internet and indeed you can try using the Back Index on this Forums Search Facility.
Go to three white dots top right>select Advanced Search>follow instructions (you can leave member name blank).

Other helpful tips and guidance for new members can be read on the following link (open fully to read)

Many thanks for your kind response, it is well appreciated. It is actually both dash warning lights and poor running..EGR has been changed mileage is 88500. New Air filter put in very recently Once again thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
A102, For the year it is low mileage which prompts me to ask whether you have had DPF problems at all?
The DPF has proved in the past to be a catalyst for triggering other codes. Might be worth considering a can of Wynns (other brands available) of DPF cleaner and taking the vehicle for a good long run (30 minutes plus) and keep revs 2500 'ish.
You dont tell us if manual or auto gear box. Use manual mode to control revs. (reminder: that it assists readers to place vehicle details in your Signature Footer and to complete your location. Info in the Helpful Info link I provide previously).

You mention having replaced the air filter recently. Could be worth revisiting and making sure the filter is not out of place and that cap is tightened securely. I once put mine on a bit 'skew' and had problems. Also recheck the air hoses very thoroughly as some splits are hard to find/see. Same thing with wires going into connector blocks on sensors.
One of our members did provide a photo 3-4 years ago of a connector with the break only just showing. That photo has I think now disappeared from Forum with changes to the pages and formatting.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A102, For the year it is low mileage which prompts me to ask whether you have had DPF problems at all?
The DPF has proved in the past to be a catalyst for triggering other codes. Might be worth considering a can of Wynns (other brands available) of DPF cleaner and taking the vehicle for a good long run (30 minutes plus) and keep revs 2500 'ish.
You dont tell us if manual or auto gear box. Use manual mode to control revs. (reminder: that it assists readers to place vehicle details in your Signature Footer and to complete your location. Info in the Helpful Info link I provide previously).

You mention having replaced the air filter recently. Could be worth revisiting and making sure the filter is not out of place and that cap is tightened securely. I once put mine on a bit 'skew' and had problems. Also recheck the air hoses very thoroughly as some splits are hard to find/see. Same thing with wires going into connector blocks on sensors.
One of our members did provide a photo 3-4 years ago of a connector with the break only just showing. That photo has I think now disappeared from Forum with changes to the pages and formatting.

Let us know how you get on.
It is manual 5 speed gear. I have just gone out to Halfords to book for a DPF deep clean, will keep you posted after the cleaning. You are a wonderful man thanks for all your help and time. P.S
My location is Shepway UK

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
A102. Appreciate the complement. Whilst you have given your location and part vehicle info in your post, the only disadvantage of this is it gets 'lost' as posts move on.
The best thing is to include 'location' in your Sign-Up and vehicle info in your 'Signature' Footer. This way all this info will automatically appear next time which assists all Forum readers. If you look back to post number 2 you will see my attachment explaining these points and how to do. For new users the forum can be a little bit confusing so my Help link will assist you.
Keep us informed on the DPF clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts