Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a brand new Captiva LTZ today.I wanted to ask about the Sat Nav, as it displays the speed in Kilometres per hour, I would like this to be MPH. Most of my cars have had a digital speedometer and I thought I could use Sat Nav to show this.
Also, I presume the bluetooth phone connection only lets you dial the last number, and not select from your list of contacts in the phone?

sorry for the questions so soon after getting the car, but can't find answers to this online.

Thanks
Neil.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Have a look in the Captiva forum, I'm sure at least your bluetooth question is answered in there.
Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
180 Posts
ntocher said:
Hi, I just bought a brand new Captiva LTZ today.I wanted to ask about the Sat Nav, as it displays the speed in Kilometres per hour, I would like this to be MPH. Most of my cars have had a digital speedometer and I thought I could use Sat Nav to show this.
Also, I presume the bluetooth phone connection only lets you dial the last number, and not select from your list of contacts in the phone?

sorry for the questions so soon after getting the car, but can't find answers to this online.

Thanks
Neil.
Hi Neil.

You can change the settins via the Sat Nav menu - look for "Display Unit" under "User preference".

WRT to the BT, yes you are correct.

Owner Manual can be downloaded here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,I managed to update the Sat Nav setting to Mph, the problem was that the option for Mph was on a 2nd screen that was not obvious to navigate too, there was a little arrow on the bottom right of the screen to take you to a 2nd screen of options.

Thanks for the heads up on the BT, saves me looking anything further and expecting to find a contacts list of names I could call.

One more weird thing i have noticed is, when you take a call when listening to music, the music mutes but keeps playing behind the scenes. So when you come off the call, you could be on a totally different song.
In my Audi, the system pauses the song, and fades in again when you come off the call which seems the obvious thing to do.
Can this be configured to do the same, or will it always keep playing?

Thanks
Neil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another quick question about the music system.I know you can skip to the NEXT track using the steering wheel, but can you skip BACK to previous tracks using the wheel?
The manual is not mention BACK, nor can I get it to work.
So if not, I presume you must use the touch screen?

Thanks
Neil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts