Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
1st post.
Have done a search but cant find specific info...

So..
The fuel filter housing has developed a drip and hard to see where its coming from.
Im ordering a new complete housing £120.
Its awfully tight..

I presume its removed from the top and not from underneath?

The expansion tank im presuming has to be removed and also the battery to allow the fusebox to be tilted to facilitate the expansion tank removal ??

Im not messing about trying to fix or service the old one. Seems easier just to replace.

Apart from that its been reliable...
Apart from the radio being poor and reverse park sensors what i will get round to doing. And the timing belt too...Edited by: Boagie

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Sorry I cant help on the Series 1 as I dont have diagrams for that.The Series 2 has twin fuel filters mounted and accessible from under the vehicle.
I do recall a post mentioning corrosion of fuel filter but cant recall if Series 1 or 2.
Hopefully a Series 1 owner will respond.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Both the expansion tank and battery do indeed have to come off, along with a lot of skin on your knuckles.
The other problem is that the one ABS brake pipe is also in the way, I had to bend it very slightly out of the way. Ended up removing the complete bracket, although not necessary.

Getting the fuel line is a challenge as the clips need to be compressed from both sides, only just enough space.

The leak, will probably be from the cap not secured, I nipped it up on the bench and refitted the unit assembled.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have read above posts and can anyone please help me I am trying to purchase a series 1 2010 holes captiva LX diesel fuel filter housing canister and can’t find them anywhere but Holden which they are $115 and need to be ordered in I can’t find any generic or any on eBay where can I get one I am located in Australia Sydney

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Possible cause of failure is physical damage, failed seal or cross threaded. Options are probably Holden or a Breakers Yard.

Read post #3 above. member Spyder mentions the cap needing to be secured tightly. Your photo appears to show 'staining' from the cap location. Double check that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Possible cause of failure is physical damage, failed seal or cross threaded. Options are probably Holden or a Breakers Yard.

Read post #3 above. member Spyder mentions the cap needing to be secured tightly. Your photo appears to show 'staining' from the cap location. Double check that.

Thank u I will have a look thank you for replying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts