Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed another oil leak on a 2009 series 1 diesel (2L). I have replaced the valve cover gasket last year, not that I could see a leak from there anyway.
The oil seems to be coming from the of the engine behind the turbo, it is not the turbo oil feed pipe. It drips down, runs along the engine at the back, over the oil filter and down onto the transfer-case and DPF.

I have had the turbo off and checked and there is no excessive oil on either side of the cartridge.
It is not excessive, just enough to be annoying and seeping while driving, no smoke and no loss in performance at all.
To reiterate it is the back of the engine near the firewall, not the cam seals.

I did suspect the rubber pipes from the oil filter housing but the leak seems to be coming from above that??

Anything similar happen to others?

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's not an engine I'm very famililar with but in looking at some photos on-line there would seem to be very little in the area you're talking about. Possibilites would seem to be the oil filter plugs (arrowed) or possibly that pipe (also arrowed) if it is an oil pipe? I don't think the 2 litre engine was prone to sump leaks like the 2.2

·
Registered
877 Posts
Having re-read your post I don't think I'm right.

When you wrote "The oil seems to be coming from the of the engine behind the turbo" I guess you mean the rear of the engine but as I said, I'm not that familiar with this engine, so I don't know. where it could be coming from. I'll leave the photos up anyway, they might provide a reference for someone in future.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@spyder check PCV valve rubber diafragm, from part 96440314. In time it gets old and hard and allows excessive oil to pass into air intake, causing excessive oil to build up on the output side of the turbo.

1st.jpg

2nd.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@spyder check PCV valve rubber diafragm, from part 96440314. In time it gets old and hard and allows excessive oil to pass into air intake, causing excessive oil to build up on the output side of the turbo.

View attachment 2028

View attachment 2029
Thank you, I have had that apart as well, it looked okay at the time, although there is oil in the air intake and intercooler pipes.
Where would the oil seep out of the engine from, were this the case? The turbo itself is oil free of excessive oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts