Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I'm after some guidance in trying to trace the cause of a persistent fault code I keep getting on my 2013 3.0 Petrol Captiva,
The Fault code that appears id P2138, I've changed the Throttle Pedal. Throttle Body, and even gone as far as changing the entire fuse block, as I had some mild corrosion in there, and though that could be a contributing factor.
So far all this has all been in vain, as I keep getting this code appearing and with reduced engine power,
I can clear the code via an ODB II Bluetooth ELM 327 dongle I have purchased,
I've checked all connections to the pedal, throttle body, and to the MAF sensor and all appear to be in good order.
What I have noticed over the last 18 months, as that this problem appears more frequently on the hotter months than in the colder months, here in Kazakstan we can get as low as -25C and up to +40C.
The City where I live is very limited to find a decent diagnostic mechanic, and the few I have tried have been unable to tell me any more information that I have found from the ELM327 diagnostic tool.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Doing a search on google comes up with GM Tech bulletin.
This condition may be caused by water intrusion into the instrument panel (IP) to body harness connector, which carries the APP sensor signals to the ECM/PCM. This water intrusion results in a voltage difference between APP Sensor 1 and APP Sensor 2 that exceeds a predetermined value for more than a calibrated period of time, setting P2138.
Could be the source of your problem since you say that you've replaced the throttle pedal, Throttle body and Fuse block.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If you’re talking about service bulletin 13-E-3066 which covered a check of the accelerator pedal wiring with a new harness section and pedal sometimes required but I believe this only applied to the Corsa. Fault code P2125 as well as P2138.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doing a search on google comes up with GM Tech bulletin.
This condition may be caused by water intrusion into the instrument panel (IP) to body harness connector, which carries the APP sensor signals to the ECM/PCM. This water intrusion results in a voltage difference between APP Sensor 1 and APP Sensor 2 that exceeds a predetermined value for more than a calibrated period of time, setting P2138.
Could be the source of your problem since you say that you've replaced the throttle pedal, Throttle body and Fuse block.
Thanks very much, I'll take a look into this, get it translated in Russain and run it past one of the mechanics I use to see if they can investigate further

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much, I'll take a look into this, get it translated in Russain and run it past one of the mechanics I use to see if they can investigate further
Gents, just as a heads-up, I downloaded the GM Technical Bulletin and took a ride to the service mechanic I have been using, we accessed the wiring harness behind the kick panel, no sign of water ingress, we separated the connect blocks and all appeared in good condition, no visible signs of corrosion (see photo), as a matter of precaution we sprayed with contact cleaner, cleaned the contacts before reassembly.
All in vain I'm afraid as within 30 mins of driving around the Engine warning light came on with the same DTC P2138,
Thanks, all the same, its at least one thing we have eliminated and need to try and look elsewhere, my gut feeling is that it has to be heat-related and possibly closer to the ECM itself

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts