Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.
have a 2009 LT 5seat version and have bought the seats from a 7 seat model. anybody carried out the conversion work to fit the rear 2 seats? the boot floor must have different fixings but am not sure what is required. I have looked at the latest models but the seat brackets are slightly different.

thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The manual says very little about the 3rd row seats- there should be no difference in new or old models as all have the samew basic bodyshell, although it is possible that the 5 seat models may omit some brackets that are needs, although it's more likely that there are holes that will need to be drilled out rather than omissions on the shell- making 2 different shells would make no sense.
<div id="C9H03RS" align="left">3rd Rear Seat Removal Procedure
<ul>[*]Remove the bolts securing the rear portion of the 3rd rear seat to the floor.[*]Remove the 3rd rear seat.[/list]

<div id="C9H0IP13" align="left">Installation Procedure
<ul>[*]Install the 3rd rear seat.[*]Notice : Dissimilar metals in direct contact with each other may corrode rapidly. Make sure to use the correct fasteners to prevent premature corrosion.[*][*][*]Install the bolts into the rear portion of the 3rd rear seat.[*][*]TightenTighten the rear seat-to-floor bolts to 45 N""¢m (33 lb-ft).[/list]

Nothing about seatbelts etc I'm afraid.I've included the next 2 shots as they show where the fixings are on the 2 panels in the boot that obscure the seatbelt mountings.

As porky pig said, th th th th th that's all folks!

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the orlando, I removed the rear seats just two bolts and they were out two minute job. Not sure about the Captiva

·
Registered
997 Posts
The seats appear to be sustantially similar- they certainly fold and tip in the same way in the second row, but not sure about the rears.
Iain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes, I did it a couple of years ago. The floor plan at rear is different, no support for any rear seats so you will have to fabricate something strong to support and then bolt them in. Can be done and seats will fit. The middle seats have to be from a 7 seat as well, otherwise they have no tilt access. Did ours and then sold it a while after. Once done just change v5 logbook to 7 seat and its all legit. I have a 2012 7 seat now.. ( no cambelt to worry about and still under warranty) there are plenty of people breaking these cars now, so if you can get access to one in scrap yard you can cut the section out from floor then weld it in.
tea shame they aren't making anymore.
muke
cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts