Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Captiva LX has the single CD audio unit installed. Sound quality is pretty ropey - lots of treble, muddy midrange and little or no bass. Even at full volume its not particularly loud and the sound stage sounds like its in the footwell - there is no presence.

Since I'm planning to keep this car for a few years I'd like to upgrade the sound system but preferably keep the console and display rather than butcher it to put a standard DIN head unit in. I also thought better quality speakers might help.

Has anyone upgraded the standard audio system? I'd be very interested in your choice of equipment and how easy/difficult the job was.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found that the radio reception was rubbish, so I had the radio replaced with a Blaupunkt DAB.

Sounds is so much better, bought the bits online (facia adaptor, steering wheel conrtols etc) and had it professionally fitted (as the DAB needs a roof mounted aerial for best reception)

Well worth replacing the standard unit, its performance is so poor!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Did you manage to retain the audio display in the original console or was that removed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The display is part of the standard unit so its gone, but the radio that replaced it has a display thats as good.

Clock, trip computer etc all still work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts