Chevrolet Owners Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
A P2757 code will be reported when the vehicle's onboard powertrain control module (PCM) detects an issue in the torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid circuit. This aspect of the powertrain automates the clutch application in order to optimize the engine's use of fuel.

I think you will find this solenoid is contained inside the auto gearbox housing in the torque converter. These solenoids use the ATF to operate so we are back again to the very point I mentioned previously, "has the ATF ever been checked , flushed or replaced" ???????? You havent answered this question!
If the gearbox/torque converter is operating on low ATF or burnt worn out ATF, then the solenoids will not operate effectively. What was the opinion of the Service engineer who identified the PP2757?

All you are doing is asking questions without doing anything to eliminate.
It is time you started getting some basic 'service items' (in this case ATF) checked and actioned.
You need to get basic 'can do' items checked off so that elimination can start. From the code you have now provided there is a very good chance that you need the ATF flushed and replaced to start with and then it can be determined if this has resolved the problem or whether there is permanent damage to the solenoid.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A P2757 code will be reported when the vehicle's onboard powertrain control module (PCM) detects an issue in the torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid circuit. This aspect of the powertrain automates the clutch application in order to optimize the engine's use of fuel.

I think you will find this solenoid is contained inside the auto gearbox housing in the torque converter. These solenoids use the ATF to operate so we are back again to the very point I mentioned previously, "has the ATF ever been checked , flushed or replaced" ???????? You havent answered this question!
If the gearbox/torque converter is operating on low ATF or burnt worn out ATF, then the solenoids will not operate effectively. What was the opinion of the Service engineer who identified the PP2757?

All you are doing is asking questions without doing anything to eliminate.
It is time you started getting some basic 'service items' (in this case ATF) checked and actioned.
You need to get basic 'can do' items checked off so that elimination can start. From the code you have now provided there is a very good chance that you need the ATF flushed and replaced to start with and then it can be determined if this has resolved the problem or whether there is permanent damage to the solenoid.
If it`s a 6T45 gearbox I`ve strippied and rebuilt one. If you need my auto gearbox workshop manual I`d be happy to lend it you. Howard.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Topman, That is a very kind offer. What we are not sure of is whether MikeSA is mechanically minded enough to do such an overhaul himself.
The main problem is we are not being told what has actually been done to the vehicle. The very first symptoms appeared to be very much related to ABS (and Member Ches thought the same thing). MikeSA said he would replace the ABS sensors (although I did say they can be checked first to avoid cost of possible unnecessary replacement).
We still dont know whether the ABS suggestion has been actioned or eliminated.
The latest code (P2757) may well be a totally unrelated issue but solenoid damage/failure cannot be ruled out until basic first elimination of checking /replacing ATF is carried out. We are floundering somewhat until we get feedback from MikeSA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. Firstly, yes I am extremely mechanically minded, although it may not seem so sometimes haha. Secondly I have resolved the issue. I removed the solenoid plate on the gearbox, tested the resistance of the sensors (all within reasonable range). The issue was that 2 of the sensors (selector and torque control) had loosened slightly not allowing correct fluid to pass through. Tightened them, cleaned everything inside I had access to and reassembled. I flashed all codes off and took the car on a one hour highway test drive mostly over 100kph and the car drove flawlessly. Thanks for everyone's guidance and assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Topman, That is a very kind offer. What we are not sure of is whether MikeSA is mechanically minded enough to do such an overhaul himself.
The main problem is we are not being told what has actually been done to the vehicle. The very first symptoms appeared to be very much related to ABS (and Member Ches thought the same thing). MikeSA said he would replace the ABS sensors (although I did say they can be checked first to avoid cost of possible unnecessary replacement).
We still dont know whether the ABS suggestion has been actioned or eliminated.
The latest code (P2757) may well be a totally unrelated issue but solenoid damage/failure cannot be ruled out until basic first elimination of checking /replacing ATF is carried out. We are floundering somewhat until we get feedback from MikeSA.
Thank you for the offer.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Success at last. The provision of code P2757 was the eventual turning point of diagnosis.
Safe & happy motoring.

Reactions: MikeSA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well. That was short lived 🤣🤣🤣 . It started again. Same fault code. Yes I do have new gearbox oil in. Does anyone please have the diagram of which sensor is which? Unfortunately our own dealers cannot tell me which is the correct one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts