Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys,I am a new guy here and facing some various issues on my captiva 2008 2.0D, oil light keeps on popping up and disappearing, I have a very slow take off from first gear and its a mission to start vehicle in the morning, when it start huge black smoke comes out from the exhaust, also a lot of hesitation when accelarating.

Please guys kindly help me out with this issue...

Yours truely a_g

Thank you guys for helping me out in advanced...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No engine light is coming on. Only the red oil light appears and immediately disappears when driving.. Did an oil check of which it was fine. The injectors are all ok the glow plugs are OK as well. I replace fuel pressure regulator as well with no improvements.

·
Registered
2008 C100 awd diesel
64 Posts
Oil light on momentarily can be caused by many reasons, the most serious is failing engine bearings. Might also be diluted oil or even oil being too thin (wrong grade/extremely hot weather/oil cooler inefficient)

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
Armiige, Black smoke is often associated with fuel air ratios. There are lots of existing discussions on the description you have given.
Use the Forum Advanced Search function to access these discussions.
How to access Advanced Search along with other helpful reading can be found here :-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum
When you have an opportunity please complete the blank sections of your Sign-Up World location and vehicle details sections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts