Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the box on the dashboard with the opening lid suitable to fit a Driver info centre, ie sat nav , trip meters , fuel economy etc etc . Mine is a 2009 Captiva Diesel 1900, or were they fitted to later models.
Lastly are they available to purchase if they can be fitted.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 08 lt model and I am having the 2010 model sat nav fitted to mine where the storage centre is - so yes is the answer

·
Registered
476 Posts
On a 2009 the opening takes the info center but not the sat nav they only fit later models with a different centre console. On the 2009 model like the LTX the info center has a smaller oblong storage box below. the problem would be sourcing one, main dealers would be too dear and scrapyards its like trying to find rocking horse s--t, If you did find one would the cars wiring harness and required info be there to support it ?
Just red last post after I put mine on, give us more details about it and how you get on with conection compatibility and costs [I also take it you found some rocking horse s--t.]
Edited by: Big Al

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got a sat nav for mine... From a 2010 model before they changed the inside to the new model - mine fits

·
Registered
123 Posts
just saw your message BigAl - I got mine off ebay from a 2010 LTZ model which is same shape and interior as mine however has the sat nav in... its a simple case of removing the old cd player and inserting the one compatible with the sat nav - only trouble Ive had is getting power up to the screen as its not there however the guy at the garage just said its a case of splitting the power cable from the Cd player and sending another wire up to the screen.
I dont have Trip computer though. Just the Sat Nav and CD player wouldve been nice but wouldve cost even more!

I paid £100 off ebay - I was lucky as no bugger had seen I dont think as nobody had bidded on it I was first and only bid!

These retail for £1500ish

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi guys - just thought I'd let you know my sat nav is up for sale :) getting rid of the Chevy :) so let me know if your interested

·
Registered
997 Posts
I saw it but, a- I had a tomtom and b- the reputation of the built insat nav in the LTZ was so poor thatI wouldn't have gone there in any case. Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Gang, can anyone tell me if it is possible to install TomTom in the Captiva sat nav? I have a 2012 Model ltz+ and it has the built in screen/sat nav installed. There is a slot for an SD card and I was wondering if I could just install it via that.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts