Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having a slight problem with my drivers door window, when I press (pull) the switch to shut the window, it goes up to the closed position, but imediately goes down again and stay in the open position, has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas what the problem might be ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, that is usually the protection in case something gets caught in the path of the window (like fingers). In your case it seems that it does not recognize the end of the window travel or the window meets resistance when going up. Do you have window deflectors mounted? If not, check this video, maybe it helps

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, that is usually the protection in case something gets caught in the path of the window (like fingers). In your case it seems that it does not recognize the end of the window travel or the window meets resistance when going up. Do you have window deflectors mounted? If not, check this video, maybe it helps

Thanks for your reply and the video, i just gave that a try but unfortuneately it didnt work.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Function possibly needs recalibrating.

Read post #16 in this link :- Automatic Electric Windows

Also read post #3 & 4 in this link :- Programming windows

Also read this post #4 and explore the link :- Drivers door Captiva 2012

Plenty of potential solutions if you explore the Forum Advanced Search function.
Thanks Ed, I tried holding the switch up for 10 and 15 secs with the window in the fully up position, the only problem is it imediatiately makes the window start going down, so the window isnt stationary when im trying to hold the switch for 10 or 15 sec, or am I missing the point ?

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Try the other options offered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try the other options offered.
Hi, Yes I did check those options as well, but also didnt work, I would just add that this problem started after the few very cold days we had recently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would first clean the window rails with a clean cloth and a plastic pick and the piece that sits on the top of the plastics door at the bottom of the window (if this makes sense), you will have to take the door liner off to do it right. after you verified no debris, soil, leaves, kids plasticine or any other thing in the rails and rails are dry (if wet it will cause more resistance) put some lithium grease in the rails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts