Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 vcdi 2012
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as the title suggests fuel related problems I wasn’t driving at the time the wife was and she probably wasn’t taking any notice when car actualy cut out so I don’t realy know I any symptoms flashed before the car died anyway I turned up and was getting low fuel pressure code p0087 I belive my mechanic said it was. the car wouldn’t start at all and being I have a fair few parts from donor vehicles started stripping the car replaced intank pump unit / fuel rail and sensor / and filters car still wouldn’t start what so ever I then changed all of the injectors and recoded them and bang car started up having said that it till runs like a bag of **** 1500 revs and the check engine light back still getting low fuel pressure codes any help would be great

·
Registered
963 Posts
You're all over the place with this mate, you think it had P0087 but then without specifically checking anything you've swapped out numerous bits from other donor cars. Did you replace the fuel filters with new oners or just taken from a donor car? It still won't start and now you're asking for help.

The best help I can offer you is to get proper diagnostics onto it and go from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has had brand new filters fitted mate mechanic said it had that code and couldn’t here (hear) the pump kick in under the back seat and since I had 1 that I new worked he said to swap it over and check that .now that 1 works now but still nothing but with being jubilee weekend etc he had to leave it as he was going away so suggested fuel rail sensor so changed that still nothing I used my scanner still getting low pressure same code so i thought bugger it il change injectors see what happens changed them as only 15 minute job recoded them car started but still getting low pressure on computer running but like bag of **** but as you say gone about this the wrong way still no further forward

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok quick update after changing out numerous parts got a fuel pump regulator valve fitted. car started straight away cleared code car ran perfect took car out for a short trip didn’t miss a beat got home engine idling car dies again won’t start again same fault code p0087 back to square 1

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well at l.least you've had some success and narrowed it down a bit, it's fuel system. Just to clarify, which fuel pump regulator valve are we talking about here?

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
Just to throw in a curved ball on this one, I'm wondering if there is simply a poor earth connection (possibly on the fuel pump wiring), which is randomly making/breaking circuit. This might account for the random on off nature of this problem. Somewhere back in the mist of time several years ago I believe there was post which eventually traced the cause to a poor earth connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ed it’s certainly a possibility worth checking and tracing to see as I’m stumped at the moment

·
Registered
963 Posts
The 1 that goes on the hp pump mate 2 bolts £214 quid
I thought it went on the bottom of the pump but I suppose it depends whether you’ve got Delphi or Bosch. At least at £214 it should be the genuine item, not one of these Febi Fitsall clones because they’re more trouble than they’re all worth.

Just wondering if you’ve got contamination eg from worn injectors in the system. The leak off pipes from the injectors is piped back into the LP inlet before teed off to tank return so it’s possible the new valve has become contaminated. I’d take it off and see if it’s sticking and whether there’s any metal inside it. It would save a lot of trouble if there was a 2 micron filter at the suction line inlet but as it is there’s nothing after the main delivery filters more than halfway along the chassis.

A faulty connection is always possible as Ed says and I’ve noticed over the years that some folk seem to have trouble with the engine loom connectors, whether that comes from rough maintenance work in the past I don’t know.

PS I see on the OZ site they're sold out of injection pumps for the Captiva
Font Auto part Circle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys thank for all your help checked all of the above decided to change the hp pump in the end as had 1 kicking about from diner [donor] car . looked a pig of a job but 2 be honest took took 2 hours start to finish and wasn’t that difficult and all is back running perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts