Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any one help, I've got a 2013 Captiva and the information centre screen has stopped working for some reason, before I book it in I wondered if it can be switched on and of, the radio still works and the reversing bleeper works but the screen is blank, any ideas. Cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
How weird, exactly the same thing happened to my 2012 Captiva yesterday.
Fortunately, it just started working again a few hours later..
I think there's a fuse you can pull to reset it, but I couldn't find it specifically in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
Hi Everyone,
There appears to be a Bot Net churning out this rubbish
There were a couple of posts last week that were undesirable.
I have emailed Daniel at Admin to have this removed and blocked.
I suggest that you all run your Anti Virus and/or Malware protection programmes just in case there has been anything embedded.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all sorted, I've reset it you hold menu and trip together for ten seconds. It come on then goes of then comes back on again, I'm glad it's not broken, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting how it was done. Handy to know if mine ever does the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that if you hold the dim button down for afew seconds the sat nav/info display will actually switch the display off.... Might be the cause of some display issues

·
Registered
89 Posts
So despite the aforementioned reset procedure, my console continued to display (sorry for the pun) demonic tendencies.
It turned on and off at random, froze and displayed vertical lines, as well as freezing and staying on when the ignition was turned off and the doors opened!!

A visit to my Chevrolet garage resulted in " you need the screen replaced and it's a common problem"!!

So on Monday, I am getting it replaced and will keep you advised.

One question..The service guy at the garage said the screen had a flash memory! So is the Sat Nav data etc..stored on this flash memory?? If so, I will need to ensure all updates are reinstalled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.
Please my Captiva 2.2 LTZ 2011 information screen is showing full memory and whenever is comes up it does not work even the reverse camera will not show.
Do anyone know how to clear or reset it?
Thanks.
ABEL

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
Abel,

I'm interpreting that you havent used the reset procedure. Why Not? This is mentioned in your Owners Handbook as well as detailed in Chris Bowens post dtd 23rd March 2014 which is actually contained in the content of this thread topic. Why havent you you used the information already at hand in those two places instead of asking How to clear or Reset.

You dont tell us how long you have owned the vehicle and whether this is a sudden 'event'?

The Multimedia/Drivers Information Centre has a vast number of posts under different headings which you may find interesting reading. You'll find these under :- Tools>Advanced Search>(topic)>Captiva

This component is known to be problematic hence the reason there are numerous topics posted in respect of After Market replacements.

Use the Reset procedure and repost the results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Abel,

I'm interpreting that you havent used the reset procedure. Why Not? This is mentioned in your Owners Handbook as well as detailed in Chris Bowens post dtd 23rd March 2014 which is actually contained in the content of this thread topic. Why havent you you used the information already at hand in those two places instead of asking How to clear or Reset.

You dont tell us how long you have owned the vehicle and whether this is a sudden 'event'?

The Multimedia/Drivers Information Centre has a vast number of posts under different headings which you may find interesting reading. You'll find these under :- Tools>Advanced Search>(topic)>Captiva

This component is known to be problematic hence the reason there are numerous topics posted in respect of After Market replacements.

Use the Reset procedure and repost the results.

Hi Aussie ed my gf has a holden captiva 2012 and the information screen is somehow stuck on display safe.... the settings button don't work she hasn't got a user's manual and I'm stuck bloody computerized craptivas lol have you got any information please that may help Aussie friend Deryck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Aussie ed my gf has a holden captiva 2012 and the information screen is somehow stuck on display safe.... the settings button don't work she hasn't got a user's manual and I'm stuck bloody computerized craptivas lol have you got any information please that may help Aussie friend Deryck
Also info button -Loc button - menu button don't work but the radio is fine

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
Deryck, I provided a link to Owners Handbooks more than two years ago. You can find a European edition on this link : -
Download your Chevrolet car’s owner manual – Chevrolet UK (select the correct year tab).
The Multimedia is known to be problematic and there are dozens of previous posts you can read up by using the Forum Back Index via the Advanced Search Function
There is a 'basic' user fix you can try. Disconnect the battery (negative) and leave the vehicle for a couple of hours. Reconnect Battery. This may enable a 'Reset'.

Your reference to Holden indicates you are in Australia. You didnt complete your World Location in Sign-Up but the Forum system has identified Australia.

As a new Forum Member the following link has helpful Guidance on using the Forum and the Forum Search function. Have read through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts