Chevrolet Owners Club banner

Captiva Keyless Entry 2013

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Aussie Ed 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a 2013 later model Ltz UK model. It has keyless entry with key fob etc. The fob will currently only open the passenger side via the button on exterior door handle, but does lock and unlock all doors. Is this something that anyone has come across to re-set ? There isn't anything in the screen to look at setting up, and I don't have the original handbook just an earlier version. We have had Captiva's since they 1st came out and this is our 4th buts its annoying to not have all the locking working as it should. Mike.. Lincolnshire

#2 ·
It sounds as if the locks require re-synchronising. Have you looked this topic up in the Forum Back Index ??
I provided a link for downloading Chevrolet Handbooks. Link here :- Chevrolet Handbook download
Make sure you scroll to the correct year tab.

I notice your vehicle information is still missing from your Sign-Up. How to add this info is in the following link:-

#4 ·
Hi Aussie Ed. Many thanks for your speedy reply... I do believe that I actually had a downloaded copy of the manual .. but I've read the manual again as you suggested and can find nothing on key fob or lock re-synchronising.. is this something you could point out or explain how to carry out?

As detailed, we have the later 2013 model 2.2 LTZ manual Captiva with Led back lights and Rhomboid tail pipes etc. It has key fobs as apposed to the traditional key.

Hope you or anyone else or could assist as it's annoying for only one side of the car to work on the door handle buttons to open on touch.

Regards
Mike

#5 ·
This information is already contained in the Back Index discussions in this Forum (hence the use of the Advanced Search facility is useful).
The following link contains explanation by a vehicle dealer. Hopefully this will resolve your problem.
central locking (post #2)

#6 ·
Thanks once again for the reply, and I checked out the link on previous post but perhaps this only works for older models, ie for those with actually keys and not with push buttons on the external doors...? I've just been out trying it on my wife's car.. tried it a few times but no it does not appear to make any difference.
I remember that the older versions were a bit temperamental with keys, but these last run out versions are proving difficult..

#7 ·
Best I could quickly put my hands on for you. (I'm actually on holiday and too much Forum work doesnt go down too well with 'the other half'!).
There might be a solution for your variant mentioned somewhere on-line. It is just finding it which is time consuming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.