Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have compared the 184PS Manual versions of the above cars and find a surprising cost difference of £4000, the Captiva being the most expensive. Comparing Specs, the Ant seems better specified with things like front parking sensors, tyre pressure monitoring, 100,000 mile warrantee plus a £750 donation to the deposit by Vauxhall. What gives? Why the difference?
Having checked on-line quotes for the cars, they come out within £500 of each other (discounts of around £7800 on the Cap and £4400 on the Ant, so "out of factory" cost must be very similar.

The only advantage I can find with the Cap is that it does not have the horrible Ant dashpanel which puts the SatNav screen below the radio panel.

Can anyone make sense of this?

JEGRugby

·
Registered
997 Posts
7 seats in the captiva, only 5 in the antara, which would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just forgetting one little thing. SEVEN SEATS and if its seven you want parking sensors or tyre monitoring means nothing, compare the price of the Captiva seven seat 4x4 to an alternative,and then tell me its not a good deal !!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys
Seven seats does not justify the large additional cost of the Cap. I preffer the cap for lots of reasons, and would like to know why you have to pay more for less to get it, when compared with the nominally identical Antara.
Edited by: jegrugby

·
Registered
133 Posts
So what you are saying the money you have to actually part with in the end is £500 difference, and for that you get a seven seat-er. Don't forget recommended price is worked out by the formula, pie r squared over a jaffa cake.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bel said:
So what you are saying the money you have to actually part with in the end is £500 difference, and for that you get a seven seat-er. Don't forget recommended price is worked out by the formula, pie r squared over a jaffa cake.
Hi Bel,
What I am saying is "why are the Chevy dealers ripping us off, when the Vauxhall dealers sell a better specd car for less, with Vauxhall falling over themselves to sweeten the deal with deposit help, long warrantee etc?"

·
Registered
476 Posts
When I bought my Captivathe price I payed and the deal I go had no relevance to any quoted startingfigures, market forces usually denote the final price paid unless you don't know how to haggle and deal with smarmy sales personnel, of course If you require a 4x4 seven seat-er you go for the best deal compered with the opposition.I know I personally see more Captivas compered to Antara's. So in reflection Vauxhall would probably not have to give all these sweeteners to sell there Antara if they perhaps made a seven seat-er !!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
And to add to that, rthe Antara is both plain ugly and a Vauxhall, which should be enough put anyone off it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts