Chevrolet Owners Club banner

Captiva Review

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bigiainw 
#1 ·
I have owned a Craptiva (sic)for 30 months now and my advice through my experience is...don't touch it with a barge-pole.

I'm picking it up tomorrow (hopefully) from the garagewith a £2000 bill expected.

Defects over this time include:

Reversing sensor failure.

Window wash pump failure.

ECU sends it into "limp" mode.

Dual Mass Flywheel failure.

Clutch replacement

Rear seat won't fold down.

Front Discs worn.

Worst car I have owned in 30 years of motoring...my 1956 210 Sedan is more reliable!!!!

Sort it out GM!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well "jayboy" I'll take your advice and not touch your Captiva with a barge poll....

But I'm with "intimidator", I am very happy with my 2008 LTX Diesel. My only gripe has been not getting the MPG consumption quoted. But recently I'm getting 33 mpg (average) so can complain with that....

You must have really had a bad one... Suggest you check your consumer rights, as if the car is only 30 months old, you should not be picking up a bill, but chasing Chevrolet for the cost.

#4 ·
Thanks for the response.

I've already written to Chevrolet UK and wait their reply.

No doubt they'll tell me it's out of warranty, I was riding the clutch etc.

I think that there is an inherent design fault on all DMFs on all brands of diesel cars.

All the manufacturers should get together and sort this...

#5 ·
Hi, I posted a comment about my Chevrolet on 2nd September.

I also had a £2000 bill to pay due to my clutch burning out and the flywheel totally gone after buying the car from new just a year earlier. I was fuming, so I wrote to Chevrolet UK and complained bitterly!! They agreed to pay over half of the money back and I received the cheque a couple of weeks ago.

However, even after getting a new clutch and flywheel I'm still getting a burning smell, especially if I'm reversing or holding the car at its 'biting point' on a slight hill - Strange!!!

I'm planning to take the car back into the garage and ask for an explanation because after speaking to a friend of mine who is a mechanic - the smell of burning should not be happening.!! I don't know if the garage can do anything but as long as I keep telling them about the smell, when the clutch burns out again, I may have a little more comeback!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.