1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
EXCELLENT!!!

Many thanks! Suggest saving as much as you can to hard drive before Chevrolet realise that Joe Public can access it online!

·
Registered
997 Posts
mjefferson said:
EXCELLENT!!!

Many thanks! Suggest saving as much as you can to hard drive before Chevrolet realise that Joe Public can access it online!

Given that it's full of pop up advertising, I would suggest that they already do...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ambits said:
Hi Everyone,

Found this Chevrolet Captiva Europe Service Manual with loads of useful stuff in it from Body Repair manuals, electrical wiring diagrams and a service manual.

May come in useful, enjoy.

http://gm.ws123.net/EN/documents_2009/captiva/start_captiva.html

Ambits
Sorry to say folks, but the link is dead, just a message saying that GM had asked the site's owners not to post the service manual any longer (only accessible at the root page, http://gm.ws123.net)
Bugger!

·
Registered
997 Posts
The manual in usable form is about 6.7gb, a bit too big for email. If you want to PM me, I might be able to send you in the correct direction.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Tried and failed last time it was available- it is available as a torrent download though if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
997 Posts
You need to search the net and locate it as a torrent file and then download it and run it on a virtual drive- quite complicated if you've not doen it beforeit has from time to time been available on line, but as soon as GM find out about it, the site ends up shut down. I take it they don't want anyone to have access to their software. I've also seenit for sale on DVD from eBay. At 6.7gb, it's a bit big for an email attachment!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Try searching for Chevrolet TIS and be careful, there are plenty of virus riden versions. As I say, if you want easy I would check out eBay...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Totaly agree with bigiainw about the VIRUS ridden versions out there....

I went searching for a manual last year, and being an IT consultant of 25 years experience, so when opening some dodgy links to claimed Captiva manuals, I took precautions against infecting my computer with a virus ..... ie. I used my wifes laptop instead

Unfortunatlty I did "catch" a rathr nasty trojan that installed a "anti virus" programme that I could not get rid of which reported that her laptop had over 300 viruses and the only way to remove it was to BUY the full version of the "anti virus" programme. Of course if was all bullsh!t, as the "anit virus" programme WAS the virus, and all buyig the full verison would do is give the b'stards my credit card details. As I said, I have been in IT for over 25 years, and work for a large UK IT company, so I knew what to do.... put her laptop back in her bag and deny all knowledge

I did fix it, but it needed a rebuild to be sure. Which takes time, with all the updates, etc.... Luckily, we have Network Drive at home, so al important stuff had been backed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gentleman,

Trying to get the torrent file its like searching for a needle in the haystack...

Can't find it... exactly like what Richards said... full of spams

Anyway thanks...

Cheers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hi looka
I have had a look , but struggling to downlaod anything ...it looks mega useful , but any ideas how I might get it ?

cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts