Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Take battery terminals off for 5 mins reconnect positive terminal push brake pedal a couple of times reconnect negative terminal put key to first point leave for a few moments then start

Run for 3 mins turn off and repeat 3 x at idle speed then drive at various speeds

Stop car and repeat 3 mins at idle

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
Thanks for clarification Jack. I didnt use this method so coudnt verify its effectiveness. Mine was done by GM garage (Vauxhall) under Extended Warranty (Warranty Wise) so my dealer probably used your method which seems simpler. Hope this helps Konrad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi again,I made throttle adaptations but not helped to much.

I lifted the car up on the lift and moved the cable and plug from the throttle body.
Interestingly, the throttle body started to work properly.
I drove 4-5km, stood for a while and checked if it was still working - it was ok.
I turned off the car for 1 minute, restarted the car and the car was again closed 16%.
Can the cause of broken wire to the voltage cube?
thank you.
Konrad

Edited by: pokrywek

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Konrad slightly perplexed as to why you removed the throttle body connecting plug to complete a relearn procedure,

If the plug has a wiring problem a simple volt meter check on the plug with the ignition on (engine not running) should rule any problems

The relearn of the throttle body does not require the removal of the plug

Disconnect the battery both (+) and (-)
After 5 mins reconnect only the (+)
Press brake pedal a few times to clear voltage from system
Reconnect the (-) to the battery

Turn key to ignition point leave for a few moments then start allow engine to idle for 3 mins

Turn off engine

Restart after a few secs and allow to idle for a further 3 mins

Complete the process 3 times in all then drive at various speeds,

Complete a further restart and idle at 3 mins again

Test at various speeds the relearn may in some instances need to be repeated twice, if problems persist and the plug and loom have been cleared of faults you may want to test throttle body unit

Hope this helps

Jack

·
Registered
238 Posts
Would this procedure apply to the series1 2.0L as well?I am trying to get rid of a rough idling problem, no codes are shown though?
The battery was replaced just before I bought it and could have caused the throttlebody to be out of sync I suppose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately after yesterday's adaptation (thanks to cAPTIVA_LTZ11) no change. I have to go to the electrician to see it.

Damaged or damaged throttle as much as affects the acceleration of the car and combustion.

over 3000 rpm the car is muddy, fuel consumption- approx. 11l / 100km (before problems with throttle). now consumption =about 14l / 100km. 3.5 V6 engines takes less fuel.
i will let you know about any news.
konrad

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just to add to this thread, I have done the reset for the throttle, as detailed herein. The car seems to be idling smooth again (for a diesel) so it may just have solved a niggling problem-time will confirm this, hopefully.

Thanks for the pointer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately after yesterday's adaptation (thanks to cAPTIVA_LTZ11) no change. I have to go to the electrician to see it.

Damaged or damaged throttle as much as affects the acceleration of the car and combustion.

over 3000 rpm the car is muddy, fuel consumption- approx. 11l / 100km (before problems with throttle). now consumption =about 14l / 100km. 3.5 V6 engines takes less fuel.
i will let you know about any news.
konrad

Hi Konrad,

I’m not sure if you are still linked to this forum to receive my reply! I’ve had a long search on the net over the last couple of weeks to find the solution of your mentioned fault with throttle as my Captiva 2012 diesel seems to have exactly the same problem as yours (obviously it’s been a long time since you posted the problem); I would like to ask if you found a solid cause behind it or came across any solution which can help me fix this perplexing error?

I appreciate that,

🙏🏻

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
Jethro, Konrad (Pokrywek) doesnt appear to be an active member and no longer triggers on the Forum system so a reply is unlikely.
There are numerous other discussions on throttle body on this Forum (using the Forum Advanced Search function will list them). Some bedtime reading for you on the following link:- Search results for query: Throttle body

You may well have to explain what your own vehicle difficulties are including diagnostic codes if you have them.
It will assist Forum readers by completing your Sign-Up 'blank' sections (World location - believed to be Australia and full vehicle details with engine variant ie petrol or diesel, auto/manual etc. Helpful guidance on this is explained here:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

My own experience of what was believed to be throttle body problems turned out to be no more than a failed throttle body manifold gasket. Other so called throttle body issues have often been related to air feed hose splits and cracks (failure of feed hose is a recognised issue).

Come back to the Forum once you have completed your Sign-Up and explain in more detail what your issue is. Preferably try to build on an existing Topic rather than creating a new (duplicate) entry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jethro, Konrad (Pokrywek) doesnt appear to be an active member and no longer triggers on the Forum system so a reply is unlikely.
There are numerous other discussions on throttle body on this Forum (using the Forum Advanced Search function will list them). Some bedtime reading for you on the following link:- Search results for query: Throttle body

You may well have to explain what your own vehicle difficulties are including diagnostic codes if you have them.
It will assist Forum readers by completing your Sign-Up 'blank' sections (World location - believed to be Australia and full vehicle details with engine variant ie petrol or diesel, auto/manual etc. Helpful guidance on this is explained here:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

My own experience of what was believed to be throttle body problems turned out to be no more than a failed throttle body manifold gasket. Other so called throttle body issues have often been related to air feed hose splits and cracks (failure of feed hose is a recognised issue).

Come back to the Forum once you have completed your Sign-Up and explain in more detail what your issue is. Preferably try to build on an existing Topic rather than creating a new (duplicate) entry.
Thanks for your detailed assistance; to be honest I won’t exaggerate if I tell you close to 2 years (soon) I’ve been troubled with this issue and finally came across this forum thus his post which explained ‘exactly’ my issue with the same readings for TPS and pattern of errors! Even the way his faults were presented on and off explained identically the problem I’m experiencing; also the fuel consumption digit he had mentioned in his post is almost what I’m seeing on my screen; just today paid visits to two mechanics but to no avail! Only if I could learn what the cause was found to be...

Anyways! Thanks again for your supportive words and all the best 🙏🏻

21 - 37 of 37 Posts