Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Great forum!
Now you have got me going any ideas on getting the ambient temp working mine is stubbornly stuck at 0

Might just be that the ambient temperature sensor has failed or the wire to it has become disconnected / corroded / broken.
I dont know exactly where it is as I never had any reason to access mine, but they are usually somewhere behind the front bumper area.
I'm sure that one of our 'hands-on' members will put me straight on the location.

·
Registered
2012 Captiva Sport 2.4 LTZ
1 Posts
Yeh, I'll now finally be able to see the aircon settings display!
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
LOM, The following link will be of assistance to you as a new Member.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It did require some specific changes to the wiring harness but now is opperating correct. I was able to use the eom factory rear camera also. The canbus also shows rpm, oil, fuel, trip etc.
Please let me know if you would lile more info or install help
Hi, you really helped us solve the problem on the AC control view after sooo many years mate. Thanks sooo much. :D

Are you also able to share some pictures of the wiring fix you did for the OEM Camera? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2011 Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 D 4WD LTZ
7 Posts
Might just be that the ambient temperature sensor has failed or the wire to it has become disconnected / corroded / broken.
I dont know exactly where it is as I never had any reason to access mine, but they are usually somewhere behind the front bumper area.
I'm sure that one of our 'hands-on' members will put me straight on the location.
Quick update sensor and wiring ok as I can get the reading if I connect through the odb port. Mist be a string or something in the head unit

21 - 26 of 26 Posts