Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
Great forum!
Now you have got me going any ideas on getting the ambient temp working mine is stubbornly stuck at 0

Might just be that the ambient temperature sensor has failed or the wire to it has become disconnected / corroded / broken.
I dont know exactly where it is as I never had any reason to access mine, but they are usually somewhere behind the front bumper area.
I'm sure that one of our 'hands-on' members will put me straight on the location.

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
LOM, The following link will be of assistance to you as a new Member.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It did require some specific changes to the wiring harness but now is opperating correct. I was able to use the eom factory rear camera also. The canbus also shows rpm, oil, fuel, trip etc.
Please let me know if you would lile more info or install help
Hi, you really helped us solve the problem on the AC control view after sooo many years mate. Thanks sooo much. :D

Are you also able to share some pictures of the wiring fix you did for the OEM Camera? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2011 Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 D 4WD LTZ
7 Posts
Might just be that the ambient temperature sensor has failed or the wire to it has become disconnected / corroded / broken.
I dont know exactly where it is as I never had any reason to access mine, but they are usually somewhere behind the front bumper area.
I'm sure that one of our 'hands-on' members will put me straight on the location.
Quick update sensor and wiring ok as I can get the reading if I connect through the odb port. Mist be a string or something in the head unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mate,

I have recently purchased a Captiva 2010 I believe and wish to change the head unit.

I did my googling and found headunits like yours all over the internet but could not find anything local in Australia let alone someone that has done it already.

I would love to chat more with you about your install if you would be open to it?

·
Registered
2013 Captiva 7 LX AWD Diesel
1 Posts
WOW! What you've done looks amazing! I've literally just bought the same car as yours for my missus and was searching headunit upgrades (the current one is exactly the same as your old one)....I never thought that was possible!

Would you have any starter tips as to where you got the unit from in Australia (or did you purchase from o/s where all the sales I've seen for them have been? who could install it etc? I've never er seen a screen THAT big for a captiva b4 lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
It did require some specific changes to the wiring harness but now is opperating correct. I was able to use the eom factory rear camera also. The canbus also shows rpm, oil, fuel, trip etc.
Please let me know if you would lile more info or install help
Hi Jim I am thinking of getting this head unit and was wondering if you could help with the wiring once it arrives

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi aussiejim I seen you said you were auto electrician i have purchased android stereo and harness. And I am trying to get factory reverse camera going. Wanted to know were you were located to see If I can hire you

·
Super Moderator
7,983 Posts
Hi aussiejim I seen you said you were auto electrician i have purchased android stereo and harness. And I am trying to get factory reverse camera going. Wanted to know were you were located to see If I can hire you
Hazell, I'm not sure whether AussieJim is still a Forum member. I've used the Forum Search and he no longer 'Auto lists'.

Hazell, some how you overlooked completing your World location (believed to be Australia by the Forum system?) and you've also left your vehicle details section blank. How to complete these sections and other helpful tips are in the following link.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

21 - 32 of 32 Posts