Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All thought i would share my z2.2d 2012 engine noise. Had a ticking sound start a few months ago started quietly and eventually became so loud could hear it in the cabin. Engine still ran fine no warning lights, sound seemed louder from the front of engine behind the wheel, lots of time spent checking and eventually dropped off the serpentine belt noise went away. Ok easy now external. Checked idlers, alternator, power steer, a/c, water pump nothing wrong or felt ok. More checking belt on noise back. Block of wood between harmonic balancer and chassis and could make noise change! Changed harmonic balance and lip seal problem gone, something so simple caused so much racket. Hope this may help if you have a ticking noise. Graham

·
Registered
276 Posts
quick search does wonders:

also, complete your footer with the car details and location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi i cant see where to input information as the footer??

Captiva LTZ 2012 Purchased 2018 pre loved @ 100K now 150k Australia. Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Click your Avatar
Click account setting
On the left, click "signature"
Enter details in the box that appears
Click save.
All Done

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Super Moderator
6,794 Posts
Pipes, Interesting feed back. This 'ticking sound' is an irritation which has been the subject of numerous Forum discussions for probably four to five years.
In my case it was 'gummy' hydraulic lifters and the poor flow of engine oil ito & out of lifters. Change of oil - problem solved. In other situations it appeared to be a cabling problem.

Metro has beaten me to it on the vehicle and location info request. World location is in the original Sign-Up request. Knowing about the vehicle assists forum members diagnosis.
The following link has other helpful info and will assist your way around the forum:-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
151 Posts
In my case, the ticking noise on idle ( warm engine) became louder and finally it was more like a banging noise. It was diagnosed a failed injector no:1 and replaced. Later some light ticking could be heard time to time. I just added diesel injector cleaner once or twice a year and no ticking ever since...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts