Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2.0 Captiva Diesel thats just under 3 years old.

Since I have purchased the vehicle earlier this year it keeps dipping intermitently when driving along, it doesn't matter what speed I am travelling or gear its in. The best way to describe what happens isits almost like you dip the clutch for a second or when a petrol carhas a bit of dirtin the carburator or the fuel pipe for exampeit would dip for a second but withoutthe chugging along.

I took it into a dealership but they could not find the problem. I even noted the time & date the car dipped but they said the computer system did not store data so could not trace the problem back they could only work it outif it occurred when they had the car!

Over the last 4 or 5 months the engine management system light has come on several times and each time I have taken the vehicle into a chevrolet garage and they have replaced parts identified via the computer etc to rectify the problem yet they still have not managed to identify the problem of it dipping which was why I brought it into them in the first place.

The technician has driven the car and understands what is happening yet cannot come up with a solution as the computer has not identified the problem.

Has anyone else had the same or similar issue and been able to resolve it?

Roger

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Roger

Have a look at the posts on fuel economy. The reason I say this is that I wasdisappointed with my meagre 29-31mpg so had the ECU remapped. The first two attempts at remapping, were not good and produced the very symptoms that you describe. I know that remapping will be difficult to trace, as it technically voids the warranty so a previous owner will not let on. But it may be worth asking a Chevrolet dealer to flash the ECU back to it's factory/default settings. It certainly worked for me!

Again, have a look at the post on fuel economy as I had a problem whilst in France and when I got back I asked a Chevrolet garage to check and they could tell me what the faults were by reading the fault codes. There should be some trace of your problems when they link to their diagnostic wizardry.

All best and let me know how you get on

Mark

Edited by: mjefferson

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry what seems to have worked ?

I have had one occurence of this issue and so it does concern me slightly that there hasn't been a good explaination from chevy, let alone a cure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam,

If you ask a chevrolet/vauxhall dealer to remap the computer on your car back to the manufacturers spec it should stop the problem.

Having said that driving home tonight the heating in the car went a little crazy hot air blowing out the bottom vents whilst cold air coming out the top and body facing vents.

Plus when stopped at lights the rev counter kepted revving up to 1000 revs reading then going down to 8 or 9k revs rather than ticking over ay 800 revs, and alsoit seemed to be using a lot of fuel or at last more than usual!

Anymore suggestions welcome.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts