Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched a YouTube video where some guy unplugged the faulty car alarm fuses to stop the alarm..it done the job but I could not see what fuses he pulled..every other cct is clearly labelled lights,door lock horn etc but no obvious alarm. Could anyone advise?..thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
What year / series Captiva are you referring to? You didnt complete this info or your world location in your Sign-Up (the forum system believes you may be located in UK). Helpful info here for you:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

What have you explored in respect of resolving the false triggering? This Topic has numerous existing posts which may assist you. Use the Advanced Search function to read those posts. Do make sure that your key fob batteries are strong (if old then replace them). The other solution is the method of door closing.
When you shut the last door (usually the drivers door) do not press the key fob lock function too quickly. Shut the door and slowly count to ten, then use the key fob. The reason is that all the vehicles systems need to 'close down' after closing the door and sensors need to 'set'. If you click the key fob too quickly one or more of the vehicles systems may not have fully registered and you may be setting the 'locked mode' with a 'sensor in limbo'. Later this can result in an unstable mode and hence the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks I will do as you have advised regarding the delaying using the fob..I had assumed my fob battery was low so got it replaced and signal tested just fine.i thought therefore the alarm was broken as I locked and unlocked manually..fingers crossed this will rectify the situation..my car is a right hand drive for use in the UK manual operated gearbox 2.0L.

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
Okay, see how you manage with a delay on locking.
The information on your location and the vehicle details need to be placed in the sections designated in Sign-Up which you left 'blank'.
When completed in the designated locations this will then 'carry over automatically' in every future post you make.
Information in the body of a post topic does not get carried over to new entries.
Read the sections in the following link under the headings Sign-Up and Vehicle model and this will explain.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts