Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the display on my radio has packed up i cannot see which channel that is on the radio or even see who is calling when my phone rings i have tied all sources to replace my radio but not one of them has a plug in the back that takes a plug for the usb extension in the storage box between the two front seats

·
Registered
2008 C100 awd diesel
64 Posts
What MY is your car?

Anyway, I had a failing display on mine, then followed by complete breakdown a few months later.

Changed to a tesla.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
7,996 Posts
Colin, You dont tell us which year variant Captiva you have (vehicle details section left blank in your Sign-Up).
[Dont forget to revisit and complete your Vehicle details and World location sections in Sign-Up]
It is likely that you have a Series 2 because this variant has been very problematic on DIC/Multimedia issues.
The Advanced Search facility will provide you with plenty of previous discussions.
Helpful info on the following link:-https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/threads/helpful-guidance-using-the-forum.7141/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Colin,

I've had this happen to me. Annoying, given the radio system element just simply died one day, but to-date isn't a huge issue - for me, anyway. Sorry but I'm not able to add any value except I have a written note of how to interact with the sound settings if you need to adjust. At the time, the wife had a Captiva of the same age and I made notes. For me, I use the SD card/slot and MP3 music only but a battery disconnect saw me needing to put my sounds setting back. Knowing which buttons did what and the ranges of each setting helped. Fudged, but I'm there.

Jonty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts