Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one got a 6 CD auto changer in there Captiva,I purchased my LTZ last week only to find that the CD player only takes one disk instead of the six that's meant to be standard on this model.
I have read the manual and is says load one disk then press the LOAD button and then another disk and so on,unfortunately there is no Load button!!!

Malcolm

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have the 6 CD auto changer (2008 LTX model).

It does exactly what you describe.... You press the LOAD button, after breif moment it will display INSERT DISK. You do that and it loads the CD into the next availble slot. To eject, you select the disk and press EJECT.

No problem.... The LOAD button is on the left of the unit and the EJECT on the right.

·
Registered
226 Posts
malcben said:
Mine is definatly a single disk player, all the spec details state 6 DISCautochanger on the LTZ.
Thats another fault for the dealer to sort!!

Malc,

you didnt buy yours on a friday did you?

sorry to hear you are having a few problems with yours.

keep us informed with how you go on at the dealers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The disc changer works fine, but I use the Aux input from the BlackBerry that holds my I-tunes so have no use for the CD changer and have only ever used it once.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The 2010 model year brochure lists a single slot CD player for the LTZ. It was only the LTX which had the changer inbuilt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought the LTZ was top of the range as it was not on offer in October 2007 when I bought mine. Interesting that it should only have a single shot CD!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think the built in sat nav and bluetooth is meant to compensate...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
The dealer that I purchased the car from(Pentagon Derby)had the 6 disc CD player listed under the spec list for the LTZ.

They realise they have made a mistake so now we have to come to an agreement on some form of compensation for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a result..if the dealer can't see that a contract is a contract then a few £'s and a simple form filed with the small claims court (online) might have the desired effect.. But I am sure it will be fine and the dealer will swap your radio with a 6CD version.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, yep it is a standard 3.5mm jack at both ends that fits the earphone socket and the Captiva aux socket. The ipod has a very poor amp connected to the standard 3.5 mm socket as its hi fidelity connection is at the bottom. However if you have a BlackBerry then I-tunes is compatible with BlackBerry and the output via 3.5 mm jack is superb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That might be true for the system as fitted, my dealer fitted SmartNav for me when the car was new which has worked well with a 6CD system as the auxiliary screen is mounted to the right on the dashboard. The SmartNav system works without a screen, but if one is fitted it is the size of a standard mobile phone, and adds the benefit of an incoming call car phone as well. It will be interesting to see what he says as a SmartNav system is about £600 fitted. Let us know how things pan out.

·
Registered
997 Posts
malcben said:
Hi
The dealer says he cant fit a 6 shot CD player in as the SatNav and screen has taken up the space,so I will let you know how I get on from hear.

Malc
If the pic in the brochure (2010) is correct (see attached), the screen is at the top of the dash where my LTX has a small cubby and the climate display. It also shows the standard 6 cd changer below. I've had the stereo out of mine, fitting a wired in car kit- there is acres of space where the stereo fits and the single cd/6 cd changer is exactly the same size at the back. I think the dealer is spouting a load of pants....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sometimes an option (ie Sat Nav) comes at a cost, ie. loss of CD interchanger. You need to check for the small print in the brochure.

How does the Sat Nav get the maps.. is it via a DVD drive or flash card. Does it have a Bluetooth phone kit as well... If so, wonder if Chevy offer it as a retro fit to earlier models...mind you may be pricey if they do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi
I have only had the car a week but as far as I can find out it has an SD card slot for updates also built in design updates via a USB connection.

No Bluetooth at the moment but MP3 & Movie functions plus all internal controls like Climate,Trip/Distance/Fuel,Information Centre, Reversing camera and Parking sensors all controlled via touch screen.

Malc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Afternoon all,

I'm the proud owner of a 2008 2nd hand captiva (80k on the clock, 1 previous owner, full service history, it was a steal at 5k). I love the beast, just gone to use the CD player for the first time and I'm getting CD Error 1 when trying to load up the 6-disc changer.

There's a suggestion here -http://www.fixya.com/cars/t20391267-car_stereo_error_1 That disconnecting the neg lead for 10 mins ight work, if not, then it's most likely the loader motor.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hi Lazlo, I didnt think that there was a 6 disc changer as standard with the Series 1 (someone will correct me I'm sure if there was that option), so I'm thinking maybe it was an aftermarket fitment.Is there a manual amongst the papers you have for it? Try the fix. If doesnt work then auto electrician might be your next approach.

Ed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts