Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have a 07 Kalos 1.2 S I think this is the Aveo rebadged for the UK. It does not have remote locking but does central locking.

When I open the drivers door the passenger door opens. It’s a 3 door. But when I lock the drivers door the passenger door remains open.

Also when driving I will get it unlock randomly or make a noise if it’s open.

What’s causing this? Any ideas? The boot/trunk needs to be opened with the key I’m guessing this is not connected to the central locking. Iv not looked at anything yet was just wondering where I should start. Many thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Sounds as if locking is out of sequence. Even my Captiva went through this hic-up after I opened boot with key while rest were still locked. You may have to 'experiment' with the doors/boot to see if you can get them back into sync.
Try opening everything with key manually (not electronic fob), make sure all internal buttons are in 'open' mode and then try electronic fob and see which door(s) respond.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the UK and having a similar issue. I am having to lock boot and both doors individually but they all unlock together. Would a central locking reset re sync and if so how's it done?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Hi Badgerman,
Please always state year & model variant. Do you have a Series 1 or a Series 2?
Have you referred to your Owners Handbook as to Key functions for your model?

As a new Member the following link has Helpful Advice and tips:-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Badgerman, I made reference (incorrectly) to the Series which of course applies the Captiva so apologies for that.
However, same comments apply in respect of the Owners Handbook for the Aveo. Have you read that and exhausted those options ?
I dont have Owners Handbook copy for the 2008 Aveo in my archives but later copies refer to the operation of keys towards the front of the book and also make reference to 'configuring' the key functions further in the Handbook. Have you referred to that section? Key 'malfunctions' can exist if the key fob battery is in low power.
So your approach should be to exhaust all the 'self help' options from the Owners Handbook first. Then come back if it is not resolved.

There are of course similar posts on this topic across various GM models which you can access using the Forum Search function which may offer further possible solutions once you have tried all the Owners Handbook options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The central locking is not via remote fob and when I lock it I can't hear any relay at work either from outside or inside the car. Everything else works fine and no mention of reconfiguring the keys in the handbook

·
Registered
59 Posts
Know on the Kalos for some reason operating the key in the drivers door lock will lock and unlock the car. If try in passnger door lock it will only lock or unlock that door.
Looked at the wiring diagrams and there is no wiring shown going to the passenger door lock switch. Just to the actuator to operate the lock.

Know on my previous car there was loads of comments on the forums of faults with the central locking. Not locking, jumping from lock to unlock state and back again or only locking or unlocking certain doors. The major cause there was a break in the wiring in the section that goes between the door and door pillar. As that part gets flexed each time the door opens. So could be an area to check if cannot find fault elsewhere.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is interesting, as my car has developed the problem of when locked, key or remote, of instantly unlocking itself. But not always, and sometimes will lock after being left for a while. Checked the usual stuff, key fob battery, main battery condition, etc, and battery off resets all to no avail. In Birmingham it often gets parked in the street so I had to take to disconnecting the battery, and manually locking the doors and boot individually. Not ideal but for an old person like me, not such a big deal either.
When lockdown ends and I go back to where it is, I think I shall unplug and contact clean all the connector blocks, it needs a fair few other jobs doing so might as well, before removing SORN and going back on the road. Especially as with the MOT exemption, it won't need testing until December.
Hopefully LPG will stay at the current 44p/litre for a while too....🤣

1 - 10 of 10 Posts