Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Pleeeeeese,
Went out to my very cold car this morning to find central locking not working so went and got my spare key and that is not working any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Flat battery maybe!?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine plays up sometimes, havent a clue why....
What I do is :-

- If it is open and wont lock, I press the OPEN button twice, then the LOCK and it works.

or

- If it locked and wont open, I press the LOCK button twice, then the OPEN and it works.

Dont ask me why, it just does.... Think it is Chevrolet black magic at work...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohstrange........but I am willing to give it a go :)I have it booked in for Thurs of next week and have to take a day off work and sit in the garage for goodness knows how long it is a real nuisance :(

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you use the key in the lockto operate the central looking and all the locks close and open simultaneously its pointing to the car not receiving or acting on the signal sent from the key fob.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply Big Al it also does the same thing with the spare key should that still be the case?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Providing there is not a coincidence of both keys not transmitting it is looking more like the receiver in the car isnot accepting the signal or not processing it, the actual mechanics are still working as proved with the key in the lock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have it booked in for next Thursday do tou think it will be a quick and easy thing to fix?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Depends if they have dealt with the problem before, if not if they are competent to start at the most obvious and work down the line, also if they have the relevant parts to exchange and test to correct the fault. You are in there hands.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Big Al said:
Depends if they have dealt with the problem before, if not if they are competent to start at the most obvious and work down the line, also if they have the relevant parts to exchange and test to correct the fault. You are in their hands.
Be afraid, be very afraid....

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
997 Posts
Anytime.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts