Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My mother in law has a 2009 Chevrolet Lacetti and her central locking isn't working. If you press the key fob the blinkers flash but door lock does not function. when using the key to lock/unlock door/s only the drivers door locks/unlocks. I've checked the fuses and they look fine, I've also tried the 'putting the key in ignition and pressing buttons for 4 secs' but still nothing......

Does anyone have any info or suggestions to help a man out to get some valid browny points ?

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Possibly defective or failed wire in the chassis to door loop. Or corroded contacts on this loops connections.
The forum Search tab (under tools) will provide similar problems by others - not just on the Lacetti.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, check the central door lock unit and its connector. Looks like the key and the receiver are working because blinkers are reacting to the key. Do they blink TWICE for unlock and ONCE for lock? The door lock unit is located at the codriver leg room mine is LHD, I believe RHD should be there also, you must remove the vertical plastic cover, door lock unit is black in plastic housing with white connector part number 96190176. It is fixed with a nut. When you pres lock or unlock you can hear the unit relays clicking inside if everything is working ok. Good Luck...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are the images of the central door locking unit. When you use the key to manually unlock or lock the door you also command the unit, so if it is not working manually or remote, i would start searching for the problem at the central door locking unit and its connector (connections)...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
This topic is 28 months old and hopefully well resolved now. Unfortunately member Tyrone never posted a solution / conclusion.
Your info might be useful to someone else in future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my Chevrolet Tacuma of the year 2008. I check the place that you have written but I couldn`t find the central locking unit. Do you have any idea where I can find the location of the central door locking unit that you show in the picture?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Did you check BOTH sides?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts