Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people,

The coolant in our Matiz has never been changed as far as I know. I bought new organic coolant like prescribed and I want to change it.

I want to empty the coolant by loosening the lower coolant hose. After this I want to fill the reservoir with demineralized water to flush the system. After driving a short while emptying the system again and filling the system with new clean coolant.

Is this the proper way? Are there things I have to take in account so air does not get stuck in the system? What is the correct procedure?

By the way, I do not know what kind of coolant is in it right now. Therefore the flush. Or can I just empty the system and fill it with the new coolant? So no flush needed? Can 2 different (old and new) coolants mix together?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
There are numerous generic methods suggested on the internet (many with video).

The two things over the years I have found important are (i) open the heater settings (to hot) on the vehicle heater, and (ii) top-up very very slowly so the fluid has a chance to flow down through the tubes. A bad sign is if the fluid 'bubbles back' which means you are pouring in too fast. This what can trap pockets of air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oke cool thanks. I was just curious if there was a specific Matiz related procedure. If it is the same way like with other cars, then it should be no problem to change it. (y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Abi, If there are some 'peculiarities' associated with the Matiz I'm sure one of our Matiz guru's will say.

As a new member the following link provides Helpful info about finding your way around the forum which you may find interesting noting especially your Location and Vehicle 'Signature'.

Reactions: Abi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts