Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I need to replace the alternator on my Chevy captiva, I have disconnected all nuts, bolts and cables but cannot find a way of removing it from the vehicle due to lack of space, I have tried jacking up engine, no joy, looked at removing fan but again no joy, please if anyone can assist and point me in the right direction I would be most grateful

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Chaos, Your post is located incorrectly . 'Idle Chit Chat' is for "Non Chevrolet related topics".
As a Captiva owner you need to post in the CAPTIVA Forum to reach your target audience.
This is a previously discussed topic (several times) which you can find easily by using the Forum Advanced Search function.
How to use the Forum is explained in the following link including how to complete your Sign-Up and how to use the Search function.

Alternator removal on the Series II Captiva is reported as extremely difficult. Whether the Series I (2.0 litre) is any easier I'm unsure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chaos, Your post is located incorrectly . 'Idle Chit Chat' is for "Non Chevrolet related topics".
As a Captiva owner you need to post in the CAPTIVA Forum to reach your target audience.
This is a previously discussed topic (several times) which you can find easily by using the Forum Advanced Search function.
How to use the Forum is explained in the following link including how to complete your Sign-Up and how to use the Search function.

Alternator removal on the Series II Captiva is reported as extremely difficult. Whether the Series I (2.0 litre) is any easier I'm unsure.
Thanks for the reply. All sorted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts