Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VCDi, 2010 model
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am from Kenya and I have had a Captiva since 2017. I have 2 problems.
1. The hub bearings are always wearing out, since I owned the vehicle, I have changed them 3 times, its literally every year. Is this normal??
2. When in high speed, say 120-130 km/h, the power just cuts off and the vehicle is unable to accelerate. It looses power and there is a light that shows up on the panel of a car with a screwdriver in it. Another thing is there is a whoosing sound every time the turbo kicks in.
Please advise on what could be the problem.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
1, Poor quality parts or incorrectly fitted.
2. Tear or split in the air feed hose. Whooshing sound is a regularly reported issue. Use the Forum Advanced Search function for reading previous discussions. Power loss would have generated diagnostic codes. These will be invaluable for diagnosis. What are they?

How to use the Forum Search function and how to correctly complete your Sign-Up is explained on the following link (for the second time)

Read this : Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VCDi, 2010 model
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I have not changed any parts from when I bought the car apart from the bearings which I have changed many times and which I buy from eBay sellers in the UK with valid guarantees. But even with the replaced guaranteed part the same still lasts about 6 months. I have no idea, where I can get a guaranteed bearing replacement that is good.
I have yet to do a diagnosis. Will get the codes the moment I have it done. Thanks..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts