Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have a CAPTIVA 2.0D 4WD from 2007, and I faced with the next problem:

Sometimes in time of normal acceleration the car starts to shake, which shake is depend from RPM of engine, and didn't depend from the number of shift. If I turn on the cruise control (in time of shaking) the shaking disappear immediately.
If I accelerate very sensitive or very intensive, the car does not start to shake.

The shaking appears tipically when the external temperature is higher, or when the trunk is under load (for ex.: 150 kg of something).

At first I replaced the rear engine mounting, but the shaking did not disappear. After this I replaced the front engine mounting, but the result is the same.

What do You think, the left and right side engine mountings can cause this type of shaking?

I made a video from the engine on a trip with normal ride, and I think the engine movement is too much when shifting.
What do You think?

And I made a second video under the car from the drive shaft, and the movement is also too much.

Or what is the experience, this engine movement is normal or acceptable?

Do You have any advice what to check?

Thank You in advance.

BR.,
Lacek

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Lacek, There are numerous previous posts covering several types of described vibration.
The use of the Forum Search function is a useful facility to look up the Back Index on virtually any topic covering about ten years.
The Search Function is found by clicking on the three white dots top right in the black header bar.
I've done a quick link for you. Plenty of reading here which may correspond with your description.
Link:- Search results for query: Vibration

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is too much movement of the engine + gearbox assembly. For sure you need new engine and gearbox mounts. First you should change these and see if the vibration is fixed. Driving with damaged engine mounts could lead to issues with rear differential, drive shaft, transfer case etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts