Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my wifes just had her Captiva in for its second service and the service she received was shocking. they even told her she only had a 12 month warranty!

i would like to write an old fashioned letter to chevrolet uk, but i cannot find any address for customer services. can anyone out there help me. even an email address would be a start, but prefer snail mail for this.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mark COX
Chevrolet uk Director of Customer services.
101-135 Osborne Road
LU1 3YTPhone 0800 060606, if you call, be nice to the people, they WILL do their best to help you and they will insist on the dealer replying to you.

you can get the customer services e-mail direct from the chevrolet uk website.

Give the full details of your vehicle, reg, mileage, service invoice number, who you dealt with and all relevant information, such as work requested, please be polite, print a copy of the letter and send a copy to the dealer principal of the dealership. Be factual in what you say.

Now, a question for you, where did you buy the car from, Hopefully it wasn't an import via motorpoint or somesuch, because then you are stuffed as there is only one years warranty on these cars.

If you want to send me a private message I can draft a letter for you and e-mail it back, just tell me the dealers name and car reg and chassis number, using the last two you can check with chevroletwhat your warranty status is. Hopefully you have serviced the car at the correct intervals and mileages,this will help your case.
Finally. let us know the dealers name and where they are, please. I have posted the names of evans halshaw and pentagon regarding poor service there, and frf, cawdorand howards about good service.

Nountoward mud slinging but be factual, we all need to know.

good luck,

bernie

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Oldroverboy

I see you mention Evans Halshaw re poor service but I have found the St. Albans branch OK. However my only complaint so far is Evans Halshaw rip-off prices for tyres and brake pads. I went to Tyre City Edgware for new tyres ,excellent service and new front brake pads for Cruze only £75. Evans Halshaw want £135 they can get knotted. I will not be buying a new Cruze in September because it does not feature, TPMS, powered foldback door mirrors & DRL ? or does it have the latter from September.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi , it was bought from Drive Vauxhall in weston -s - mare, but serviced at Cresser in Redditch!
the car had been taken in for a front tyre (ended having both fronts replaced) and service booked for following week. during service; get a phone call to say front tyres illegal. on explaining they only just replaced them, it then changed to rears being illegal! on asking cost qouted £300, only paid £262 the previous week. are front and rear tyres different?
then got told all brake pads needed replacing! declined the offer of these.
got home and when wife had gone to work found a huge patch of oil on drive!! went straight to dealer. the following day the service indicator came on!!
got a second opinion on tyres and brakes - no problems with either.
my wife was extremely worried to be told these things when in fact they are not required. now reluctant to go back

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you tell us the model, age and mileage?

Very surprised to hear that about cresser, Call and ask to speak to the service manager, after sales, I think it is Cyril, and ask him to comment. Certainly write to chevrolet if you don't get a satisfactory reply and tell them it is on this forum. If you phone chevrolet 0800 060606 make sure you get a case reference number.

I am sure that barry franklin parts manager, who is a forum member, (bazzafranklin) will try to help.

if the service indicator came on was it reset? check your oil level as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have written to him and copied Chevrolet, still waiting for a reply.
its a 2010 Captiva, not sure of mileage as wife's car.
service indicator is still on, as wife refuses to go back to garage. obviously hadn't been reset during service!

·
Registered
380 Posts
your hand book should tell you how to reset the service light, On the epica, turn ignition so that instrument panel lights up, DO NOT START press throttle pedal 3 times and release all within 10 seconds, turn off ignition and robert is your dads brother, or somesuch...

Can you get some proof that the second place who inspected the tyres/brakes and said was ok, will strengthen your case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have reset service light, it was actually the oil service light. thank you for that.

i have not heard anything from either my dealer or chevrolet. not even i am looking into it reply. is chevrolet usually slow in replying?
so far my wife is not buying another chevrolet due to dealer support

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did you send recorded delivery, Have you called Chevrolet? have you called Cresser to ask for the aftersales service manager? Would you like to share your letter with us,obviouslyediting out personal details!

This is not the Cresser Chevrolet that I know and trust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Oldroverboy, finally got a response from Cresser after Chevrolet contacted them. they want us to take the car back to them to check over. with many apologies from Cyril.
we havent decided what to do next. will keep you all informed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts