Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Can anyone advise me if this UK model needs a Radio code if the battery is disconnected. I have search and search for an answer and some say yes and some say no.
Some say something about it is in the glove box...???
There is no Radio Code in the service pack
Would much appreciate and answer

Thanks in advance

JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
Johnny, I quickly found this link which may help. Always exercise caution when using such sites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
.Yes I also searched and found these sites..In the User manual it seems to say the the Radio is locked to VIN number and there are no instructions for How to Enter a code so maybe it does not need one...Still if anyone has changed a battery on this model I would appreciate what happened...Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would be very surprised if it needs a code after disconnection if it is a VIN locked unit. This has been standard practice for at least 15 years now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Metro// I think you are correct about that...Anyway, I went to the repair shop for a new battery today and mentioned about the " Does it or Does It Not " have a Radio code.
He said, it does not matter, I will put some jumper leads on the battery leads and then disconnect the old battery, fit the new one replace the leads and then remove the Jumper...
So, radio still OK,,, but maybe there is a definitive answer,,,

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update or Downdate.. I sent an Email to [email protected] and stupidly thought they would know something about Chevrolet.
They said they have no idea and said contact a Chevrolet Dealer.. Wonderful. Guess i am missing something in the email address to GM who are the company who took over the servicing.
They have the Chevrolet Symbol and the link to contact them,,,
Ohhh well.... should of known better....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Of course they will have no idea, and they won't care either now they are not GM. I would suggest you ring WH Brand, they did sell, and still service, a lot of Chevrolets around here. I would be very surprised if they were not to give you a sensible answer. Last time I was in there they had the gearbox out of an Orlando so they must know something 🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
Johnny, Some Vauxhall dealers will 'fix' Chevrolet - after all there are several models in Vauxhall which are mechanically the same with a different body - an the smart dealer will treat it as more business.

Radio codes; There are small 'code savers' available from motor accessory stores (mine cost me £10) which simply temporarily provides protection while the battery is removed. Glad you got it sorted anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Aussie ED... Yes got it sorted.. Not heard about these code savers,,or how they work ..or it is just a battery that plugs into the cig lighter,, Anyway if I do find out more I will report on it

Thanks

JohnnyB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts