Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the knocking noise is Coming from the Engine of my 2012 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8, when I started it in the cold it was quite like Normal then it all of a sudden it started knocking what could it be? it sounds like if it's coming from the bottom end of engine

·
Super Moderator
7,547 Posts
Do you mean the knocking is whilst stationary or whilst in motion?
From such a vague description it could be anyone of a number of things ie bearing, shaft, failed injector, sticking hydraulic lifter(s) etc etc.
Do you have any dash warning lamps illuminated? Do you have any Diagnostic codes?
I would suggest an early visit to your usual mechanic because noises like this are best diagnosed by physically listening.

As a new member the following link has some helpful information for you especially completing your World location which you left blank in your Sign-Up (the system believes you may be located in the UK). Info on the vehicle is helpful ie how many miles, service history etc placed in your Signature Footer.
Read this link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Super Moderator
7,547 Posts
It's while stationary the car was cold and the oil light came on but had oil
Going back to my earlier questions (and recommendation to complete your data which you havent done), when was the vehicle last serviced in respect of engine oil and filter? Do you know what grade of engine oil was used?
The fact that the oil light came on would be an indicator to me that it is possibly 'oil related'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts