Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm running out of options so I'm desperately hoping someone here can give me some advice, please!

The boot release switch on my 2011 Chevrolet Orlando has failed. My boot is currently closed with a piece of string, which is far from ideal. The boot lock is just totally jammed. My local garage in Milton Keynes who are usually helpful won't touch it as they can't get the parts; Vauxhall in Milton Keynes apparently can't get the parts. I've searched for Chevrolet dealers left in the UK and they seem to be very few and far between (the one In Virginia Water is only USA Chevrolet). Grovebury cars who used to service it no longer do Chevrolet ...

So - collective wisdom of Chevrolet forum - HELP please! What on earth can I do? Bearing in mind I'm not technical either, my husband might be able to have a go but it's not our strong point.

Any thoughts or ideas very much appreciated - thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
KB, I've relocated your post here to the Orlando Forum where it belongs. The Site Help Desk where you originally posted is for issues in respect of the Site Forum operation and not for fixing issues on vehicles as these belong in the respective model Forum (ie here).

Your Sign-Up somehow missed competing your World location (believed to be UK) and it is usual to complete the vehicle details in the appropriate section. The following link will assist you in completing these.
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

There is no mention of anyone trying WD40 or equivalent or a little bit of leverage with a screwdriver?

·
Registered
2011 CHEVROLET ORLANDO LTZ J309 [MOTOR: F18D4]; 5-Speed Manual
16 Posts
Hiya, have you tried the manual lock mechanism? There is a plastic cover on the inside of the boot lid. Pry that open with a flat bladed screw driver and use a larger flat bladed screw driver to then insert it into the lock mechanism and give it a twist. Could maybe unstick it. Would serve to spray some white lithium grease inside and anywhere you can see moving parts.

Hi,

I'm running out of options so I'm desperately hoping someone here can give me some advice, please!

The boot release switch on my 2011 Chevrolet Orlando has failed. My boot is currently closed with a piece of string, which is far from ideal. The boot lock is just totally jammed. My local garage in Milton Keynes who are usually helpful won't touch it as they can't get the parts; Vauxhall in Milton Keynes apparently can't get the parts. I've searched for Chevrolet dealers left in the UK and they seem to be very few and far between (the one In Virginia Water is only USA Chevrolet). Grovebury cars who used to service it no longer do Chevrolet ...

So - collective wisdom of Chevrolet forum - HELP please! What on earth can I do? Bearing in mind I'm not technical either, my husband might be able to have a go but it's not our strong point.

Any thoughts or ideas very much appreciated - thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts